Door panels tips? ...

You guys have any tips on glassing door panels?

I mocked up all of my rings with hot glue, stretched over the fleece. Hard to get perfect. My staples are barely wanting to go through the plastic and I already blew a few holes in the plastic from the staples... Then to top it all off, some of the hot glue joints failed when I was stapleing around the flush mounts... FML

Also, I used 3m spray adheisive to hold shit down.

I got the fleece all soaked in resing right now.. I'm having a hard time keeping it tight around the edges of the door. Keeps wanting to lift out of the crease. I managed to shoot a dozen staples in it but damn. I need to figure this out before I do my other door...

• 1 month later...

Not sure if it helps now but you can buy a pnuematic stapler and staple the fleece or whatever cloth to the backside after its stretched around the front and around the sides. When setting the rings you can use a glue gun and use dowel rods for posts if you drill a hole for the leg it helps anchor it to the panel. Panels are hard to mount to because of the difference in materials but if its near a speaker you can cut out all of the materials from the backside after the initial form has hardened so you can just screw a base to the panel and work off that. I just finished some door panels and wish someone would have gave me some of this advice

Archived