Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Building new box/port location ?


mmets

Recommended Posts

Posted

IMG_2194_zpsef704c05.jpg

Currently have two level 5 15s in a box that I made but was going to get xl's. didn't. Nothing wrong with the box now except I have some 45's in there and took my dowels out to make a little more room. So doing a new box, no 45s in it, using 5/8 threaded rod for bracing (about 21 inches max length for the rod), will end up at 7.5 tuned to about 34 with 15.4 in2 or port area per foot. As you can see i have one battery on its side right now. I just order some flat bar and will be putting the other 3 up on their sides. Is it better to keep the port at the top where it is now or would it be better at the bottom. The new port will be 10.5 by 11 so a buss bar may be in the way a little bit if on top but both may be there if i do it on the bottom. Just looking for some thoughts. Not doing anything for a couple weeks anyways. (at least i don't think so anyways) There are being ran by two 5K's also. Thanks.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

In my opinion, in SUVS/whateveryourvehicleis subs always seem to be louder with sub up/ port towards hatch.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Posted

Subs will stay up still and port will still be towards the rear. Just wondering if it will make a difference if the port is towards the top (like it is now) or if I put it at the bottom.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

Just getting a bump here to see if I can get some opinions on this.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

You compete? If not, it's probably not worth the work, you might not notice anything for a daily ride.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

I have not competed yet and may at some point. I tend to get tired of the same thing and just change things around to give me something to do. I have to build another box for my wifes car which is not big deal but since I'm doing a new one in her car I figured I would do another one in mine. Wont hurt anyways.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3203 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...