Jimmy Christopher Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 I have my own small car audio business and I buy from a distributor. I often like to Build different setups and demo them for a little while and sell them. I ran across a good deal on the 150rms cerwin vega hed3's. thinking of building a box with 8 and porting it in the middle. 56x20x20. put it in the back seat of my 2011 f150? I have a hifonics brz 1700.1 I would be running the 8 vegas at around 1.7 ohms. each cewin vega hed3 is 3.45 ohms.
agf144 Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 no vs threads here it will be locked but id take cerwin vega over kicker any day. loved my cerwin vega vmax when i had it in use. had a kicker one time blew it in a month and threw it in the trash. and plus 8 12s have more cone area so should be quite a bit louder Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
bighossf150 Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 you Would have to wall the 12"s Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Jimmy Christopher Posted March 9, 2014 Author Report Posted March 9, 2014 56x20x20 box with square port in the middle wouldn't be sufficient?
Jimmy Christopher Posted March 9, 2014 Author Report Posted March 9, 2014 so you no longer have the 8 12" wall? I went to the post and saw 2 15-18'S on a lanzar opti amp
Jimmy Christopher Posted March 9, 2014 Author Report Posted March 9, 2014 so you no longer have the 8 12" wall? I went to the post and saw 2 15-18'S on a lanzar opti amp..
Jimmy Christopher Posted March 9, 2014 Author Report Posted March 9, 2014 so you no longer have the 8 12" wall? I went to the post and saw 2 15-18'S on a lanzar opti amp..
BassDoctor Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 Using 3/4" MDF, a box that is 56x20x20 will be 10.79ft^3 before subwoofer displacement and port displacement. I do not know how much space these subwoofers require, but I do not believe that the volume you will be left with after displacements will be enough to run eight of these woofers. 04 Honda Accord LX Sedan Kenwood Excelon X998 XS Power D3400 XS Power D1200 Singer 275A alternator with factory bypass 64 sqft SecondSkin Damplifier Build to be decided
bighossf150 Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 I still have the 8 12 wall, the 2 18s on 6k was an old build. the 8 12 wall is 53x38x29 for reference. Id do the 2 cvx's, id rather have 2 decent subs than 8 junk subs Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
agf144 Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 wouldnt be enough air space unless you want to run sealed. or you could do 5 12s in those dimensions and choke those subs a little. the best i can get after all displacement is 5 subs about 1.5cubes each tuned to 38. Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.