Second Skin Audio

Need a box design for my Ampire 12" (got all info you need to know... i think..)

pintich

I have got me a new car recently and the trunk isent the biggest either, so i kinda need big help :)

I got a Volvo 740. I would like to have the bass facing the cabin, i got myself a skihole of what to call it in the middle, but anyway its like a hole there so the bass should play litle louder in the cabin by having it facing that way :)

The space i got there isent the biggest.... this is what i have space for:

Height= 28 cm

Width= 88 cm

Depth= 36 cm (can go 1-2cm more if REALLY needed)

And this is the tricky part.... i got a 12" bass (about 31,7 cm) so i guess it should work if the box got a 45* degrees angle where the bass is facing the cabin.

But you know more then me about this, so you probably know if it works/fits.

The bass i got and would like to use is a Ampire VLEX 12, its a sub rated at 350wRMS @ 4Ohm. And here is the link for all the info's you will need :)

The Amp i got and would like to use is a Ampire MB400.1 its only going to put out 250wRMS @ 4Ohm.

The thickness of the wood we got here is 1,9 cm.

And dont know if you need to know what kind of music i listening to, but i will say anyway if it helps, and first of all i will say i love some deep bass ;) last box i hade (in my other car) was tuned to around 34hz i think it was (same sub and amp as now), the music i listening to is most hippop/rap like Decaf and that kind of music, But i still listening to the kind of music that's on the radio... so that's kinda RnB lol or what to call it, but thats most when i am driving friends.

I hope this is all info you will need to help me out here :) if it's anything i have missed then tell me that.

And thanks in advance for all your time! :)

Like as follows but the sub would need to be mounted backwards, 1.9 cm is 3/4" so is the same thickness, the port wall is 23 1/4" in length, 9 1/2" tall, to do the cuts just use the tape measure looking at the inches side instead of the cm side. 2.375 equals 2 3/8".

slanted.jpg

1x12slanted_port_side.jpg

Archived