Sundown Audio

taramps started smoking

MoSes

So you where just guessing on the amp's gain. You deff didn't set it up right. So you clipped the shit out of it and underpowerd it.

Yet you wonder why it started to smoke. Maybe take a class, or maybe this isn't the right hobby for you. Just say'n

2 55ah yellow tops should be enough power for 1 amp according to taramps specs "maximum @ 12.6 VDC musical consumption: 64 Amp. "

i had a multimeter hooked up to it to watch voltage. never went below 12.6v. and it started smoking within 2 seconds of turning it up LOL. i have a dd-1 but the 9v batt is dead in it so never bothered.

my god, then i can power 400 of them.....

lol wtf?? you totaly lost me... power 400 what?

"2 55ah yellow tops should be enough power for 1 amp according to taramps specs"

At that MATH, i could power 38 of the amps you speak of. .. this is ISH math.....

sorry... not 400... sorry.

So you where just guessing on the amp's gain. You deff didn't set it up right. So you clipped the shit out of it and underpowerd it.

Yet you wonder why it started to smoke. Maybe take a class, or maybe this isn't the right hobby for you. Just say'n

2 55ah yellow tops should be enough power for 1 amp according to taramps specs "maximum @ 12.6 VDC musical consumption: 64 Amp. "

i had a multimeter hooked up to it to watch voltage. never went below 12.6v. and it started smoking within 2 seconds of turning it up LOL. i have a dd-1 but the 9v batt is dead in it so never bothered.

You say 2 seconds but odds are you where clipping for that forst 1 1/2 hrs. Then the finally gain increase put it over the edge.

was at prolly little over 1/4 way up. wasent loud at all lol. especially being at 8ohm load it shouldnt be having any issues.

what?

i dont understand at all...

kylar, i think what he was trying to say is since he ran it for a 1hr 1/2 at about 50% then turned it up to 60% for just a few seconds. He doesnt understand how with a 8ohm load it would hurt the amp. Not sure what else to tell him to make him understand. clip, clip clip, boom.

damn must be clipping at 50 watts of power then. your acting like i had this thing blasting loud for 1 1/2 hrs LOL....

You say 2 seconds but odds are you where clipping for that forst 1 1/2 hrs. Then the finally gain increase put it over the edge.

was at prolly little over 1/4 way up. wasent loud at all lol. especially being at 8ohm load it shouldnt be having any issues.

what?

kylar, i think what he was trying to say is since he ran it for a 1hr 1/2 at about 50% then turned it up to 60% for just a few seconds. He doesnt understand how with a 8ohm load it would hurt the amp. Not sure what else to tell him to make him understand. clip, clip clip, boom.

damn must be clipping at 50 watts of power then. your acting like i had this thing blasting loud for 1 1/2 hrs LOL....

I BLAST ted ... lol. mine for 4 hours the other day...

He is reffering to the % by how far he turns the gain up

whats that mean?

The gain settings, by his math half way is 50% or 12 o'clock and 60% 1 o'clock

truthsayer

regardless both amps work fine still so whatever. never blew 1 sub nor amp in my lifetime of car audio. ive had dozens of amps and never experienced anything like this before. im actually not sure why i even posted this on forums.

what?

I;m curious as to what math you used to get the 50 watts.

truthsayer

what?

I;m curious as to what math you used to get the 50 watts.

regardless both amps work fine still so whatever. never blew 1 sub nor amp in my lifetime of car audio. ive had dozens of amps and never experienced anything like this before. im actually not sure why i even posted this on forums. thanks for the feedback. have a great day.

Just because you haven't blown one doesn't necessarily mean anything but I think it's time people stop giving you shit for posting about your experience.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived