Question Regarding DC Power Inc

No I dont have a clamp meter. The charge light never did pop except for one time last night once i got it home. I shut the car off as soon as pulled in the drive way and when i cranked it to pull it in the garage i saw the battery light on but it was so dim you could barely see it.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Well you have two options, you can call in and talk to Anthony and ask for an RMA so we can see what happened. The alternators are tested on our tester before they leave but of course that doesn't account for some of the idiotic UPS employees out there that could've potentially damaged something from the regulator. If you feel you've checked everything, you can always take it to get tested at autozone and have them put it on their tester.

I have called I cant get anyone to answer. I left a message and would appreciate a call back. Let me tell you exactly what I saw and what I have observed on my voltage gauge. Alt was put on friday night with no testing since it was late and there was no belt on. Saturday morning i put the belt on cranked the car backed it out of the garage let the motor warm and slammed the system to verify no voltage drop. It was good to go and I out my dmm on it and it was reading 14.4 or 14.3. Saturday night after work i put the other two accessory belts on buttoned everything up and cranked it up again. The voltage gauge in the car reads alittle low so when its at 14 the car is actually at 14.4. So i let it warm up again slammed the system to verify no voltage drop and it again was good to go, this was verified with my dmm. Left the car in the garage over night and then sunday morning I fire it up and i look at the gauge its reading 13.5. It then would slowly go to 13 then slowly back up to 13.5. I didnt have time to verify with dmm since i was meeting friends for lunch so I left. During the drive it never went above 13.5 and even i slammed the system when i oulled in the parking lot to see if it would drop and it would not. Left there and went my gf house and the gauge then wouldnt go above 13 volts. Pulling in her neighborhood it drop to 12.3 and i hit the gas hard to see if it would go up since i assumed it was the eld kicking in and it would go up to 13 but immediately drop back to 12.3. I was there for about 6 hours and when I cranked the car to leave it was only reading battery voltage at 12.3 i said screw it and drive home and by the time i got there the voltage gauge was reading 11 something volts i pop the hood and confirm with my dmm its at 11.9 and it hasn't charged since.

Is there any black dust on or around the alternator?

how tights the belt? if the belt is slipping bad enough the alt could not be turning on...its a bit of a stab in the dark but possible.. and you don't always hear a belt slipping.. on my f-150 i was having a similar problem.. no noise coming from the belt slipping but it was slipping something horrible

edit: snowbunny might be thinking the same thing as me lol

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Sounds defective to me. I would just request a replacement for a new one and save yourself the troubleshooting for now and see if that solves the problem.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Sounds defective to me. I would just request a replacement for a new one and save yourself the troubleshooting for now and see if that solves the problem.

it could be defective and/or got damaged in shipping.. but its better to make sure everything on his end is in order before sending it back because if the alt is fine he'll have to troubleshoot anyways...and he'll be out the time it takes to ship the alt to and from DC

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Guest DC Power Kyle

Please check your email gary. I created an RMA for you.

Please send this with insured tracking in the original packaging. Upon receiving the unit and determining it's state, you will be reimbursed for shipping if it's covered under DC Power's warranty.

Archived