Sonic Electronix

Need Help Asap. Wall Interferes With Airbags!

ok, this is a diagram of my car. the 2 long blue lines on the roof are airbags. they run under the headliner, from A pillar to C pillar. they're "curtain" airbags, so they like unroll and drop down, covering the side glass, etc.

anyways, notice the red square. thats going to be my wall. whats gonna happen if i get in a wreck, even a minor fender bender that happens to set off those side curtain airbags? the part where the wall is, its not going to have anywhere to deploy.......any ideas on what i can do?

procedure_safety_Mini_Cooper_gasgen.jpg

air bags deploy but they also un inflat quite quickly i think they have a hole in them or sumthin to help them deflate so ppl can get to u, so if u put the wall up and it deploy then the air will deflate somewhere

if i'm wrong i'm sorry just a guess

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

the only thing to do is build the wall shorter and not so wide so the bags can drop and deploy. or do the next best thing and remove the air bags and sell them on ebay and make a few dollars off em

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

the question here is will the front deploy if the back dont.

nobody is in the back to get hurt- so it doesnt matter if they go off or not.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

ok, this is a diagram of my car. the 2 long blue lines on the roof are airbags. they run under the headliner, from A pillar to C pillar. they're "curtain" airbags, so they like unroll and drop down, covering the side glass, etc.

anyways, notice the red square. thats going to be my wall. whats gonna happen if i get in a wreck, even a minor fender bender that happens to set off those side curtain airbags? the part where the wall is, its not going to have anywhere to deploy.......any ideas on what i can do?

procedure_safety_Mini_Cooper_gasgen.jpg

a minor fb wont deploy the side bags... only a side impact. and i wouldnt worry too much. side bags have only been around for maybe 10 yrs. not really needed IMO. besides the slight bruising and broken glass, a small side shot wont hurt ya much and one that is hard enough to kill ya,, the airbags probably wouldnt help anyway

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

im in a Mini cooper...small enough and unsafe as it is LOL.

but ya, i just did some research.

The bag then literally bursts from its storage site at up to 200 mph (322 kph) -- faster than the blink of an eye! A second later, the gas quickly dissipates through tiny holes in the bag, thus deflating the bag so you can move.

per this article-

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/airbag1.htm

so, it bursts out pretty damn fast, but deflates so u can move in less one second:

The whole process happens in only one-twenty-fifth of a second.

so if u put ur wall up and in deploys and it gets squished wit ur wall then it'll just seep out through the holes, u should be fine IMO

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

the only thing to do is build the wall shorter and not so wide so the bags can drop and deploy. or do the next best thing and remove the air bags and sell them on ebay and make a few dollars off em

the wall itself has gaps on the side, that isnt really the problem. the problem is the front trim panel ("beauty panel") that will seal the gaps on the sides and top. its going to extend all the way , thats going to be right ON the airbag....that piece of birch is going to go flying if that thing deploy's.........ill have splinters in my asshole LOL!!!

the wall itself has gaps on the side, that isnt really the problem. the problem is the front trim panel ("beauty panel") that will seal the gaps on the sides and top. its going to extend all the way , thats going to be right ON the airbag....that piece of birch is going to go flying if that thing deploy's.........ill have splinters in my asshole LOL!!!

bass>splinters

i think it's a sacrifice ur goin to have to be willin to make

Edited by KWP369

SMDsigbannr9.jpg