Sundown Audio

Saz1500d @ .5 Ohms

Thewes

I've clamped mine and the single Sundown powering my 2 Bls @ 0.5ohm did 2300watts. We got right at 5K out of my pair strapped @ 0.5ohm each on banginAltima's T1 15s. In my current setup w/ 3 18s I'm getting rise to 1.54ohms and still seeing 1822 watts from each amp @ 11.8v.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I've clamped mine and the single Sundown powering my 2 Bls @ 0.5ohm did 2300watts. We got right at 5K out of my pair strapped @ 0.5ohm each on banginAltima's T1 15s. In my current setup w/ 3 18s I'm getting rise to 1.54ohms and still seeing 1822 watts from each amp @ 11.8v.

I dont drop past 11.5 but my amp still gets really hot... It hasn't thermally failed or failed in any which way at all (that I know of, it still sounds loud) but it definitley is getting way too hot. Could it be a bad ground that is causing this? Did yours get hot when it was dropping to 11.8?

teamsundown-1.jpg

I dont drop past 11.5 but my amp still gets really hot... It hasn't thermally failed or failed in any which way at all (that I know of, it still sounds loud) but it definitley is getting way too hot. Could it be a bad ground that is causing this? Did yours get hot when it was dropping to 11.8?

My amps have never gotten "hot". They've only been warm to the touch and thats only after a hard bumping session @ 0.5ohm. They didn't even get hot when we tested the pair strapped @ 0.5ohm each in bangin's altima w/ drop to 9.5volts on stock electrical.

I've seen the other posts of yours about melting fuse holders. I think you might have something else wrong.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

My amps have never gotten "hot". They've only been warm to the touch and thats only after a hard bumping session @ 0.5ohm. They didn't even get hot when we tested the pair strapped @ 0.5ohm each in bangin's altima w/ drop to 9.5volts on stock electrical.

I've seen the other posts of yours about melting fuse holders. I think you might have something else wrong.

God damn it. Yeah I honestly don't want to keep playing it. I don't want to be "that" guy that is irresponsible and fucks up a nice piece of equipment. I just wish I knew what was wrong, because I am definitely having electrical problems, especially if yours never got "hot" After an intense intense jamming session today mine was SO hot that I said fuck it and took the amp out. I dont know what I can do without beat, but does anyone have ANY idea what is wrong? Could it be a bad ground that caused all my electrical problems?

teamsundown-1.jpg

Archived