Sundown Audio

Saz1500d @ .5 Ohms

Thewes

So I finally bit the bullet today and decided instead of having half my gear sitting in my room, Ill make another attempt to hook both subs up. So I wire up the second sub just like the first (D2 coils, wired down to 1 ohm) and then when I went to install the other amp, realized I didn't have a torch so I couldn't solder the connections. Not a biggy, so I threw the sub in anyways, and figured might as well see how this one sundown will push both my subs. Well it hits, it hits really hard. My question is how the fuck is it moving both these subs, it must be running at .5 ohms right? I'm a bit uneducated on ohms law, so some help would be great. Thanks.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Please make sure you have PLENTY of power going to it if you are running it at .5. I dont think it is safe for that amp to run that low, but if you do keep your voltage up.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

it is @ .5 weston.

1 ohm each, then u have both paralleled to the amp, 1 + 1 in parallel = .5

Yeah megalo said it is internally bridged so I think it is running at .5, but how much power are the subs seeing? They are actually not even getting warm, as compared to when I was just running 1 the cone was getting hot after a good session of jamming.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Please make sure you have PLENTY of power going to it if you are running it at .5. I dont think it is safe for that amp to run that low, but if you do keep your voltage up.

Voltage never goes past 12.

teamsundown-1.jpg

that amp might get hot at .5ohm

id be careful

Oh it got warm for sure, but I am just keeping it to short jammings for the time being. The sundowns do have thermal protect though right? Im worried, I knew it was too good to be true.

teamsundown-1.jpg

i dont know if they have thermal protect or not.

but like stephen c said keep the voltage up and dont let it get too hot and you might be alright.

rig up some cooling fans? lol

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

i dont know if they have thermal protect or not.

but like stephen c said keep the voltage up and dont let it get too hot and you might be alright.

rig up some cooling fans? lol

Just got that full tank tonight, putting the rear AC on BLAST. :lol:

teamsundown-1.jpg

Archived