Mechman Alternators

Possible Problem with Mech 240A

Also How can u Say he is crying about a product if its not what he expected? You buy something expecting to do exactly what it was made for and in car audio what isn't abuse? Almost 90 percent of ppl who swap to h/o alts do more then what their equipment is rated at. Is that called abuse?. You should know that already. Seems that you think the OP is a lil inexperienced and has abused his equipment..I'm not bashing on any company in particular. I'm pretty sure they make an awesome and proven product, all I'm trying to include in this thread is my insight and what I expect as I'm in the market for an alt myself and I'm "vigorously" Searching for as much information I can get before I make my decision. As for the Op I apologize for Posting excessively in your thread as I am not a NOOB, but as I post more into response I am certainly taking a step back. I hope you get your problem Squared out and please keep us updated.

i said dont cry when you break things when you run them like you shouldnt.. like charging at 14.9 when it can damage the battery then people cry to the manufacturer..

No one has. That point doesn't apply to this thread. I have not abused any of my equipment.

The volt meter may be off by 2-3. But as u can see the volts hardly move at idle. And at around 1200 rpms it hit hits peak power. No external regulator. Straight factory swap out. When u say run things like they shouldn't , why would they suggest adding a something else to raise the voltage?? Am i understanding this correctly? For the record i don't use my alt to charge my batteries i have a charger for that. I use my alt to sustain the extra power I draw from my amps and the batts to cover what my alt cant provide. If I'm wrong then i'm wrong. Thats just the way I do it. Besides I'm slamming my sounds most of the time anyways. So theres no way my batts are even seeing 14.8 constantly.

teamsundown3hx11.jpgxs1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2-1.png

2010 Pathfinder

Sundown Audio - SAZ 4500- Zv.3 15"x 2 w/ Nightshade coils

Sundown Audio - SAX 100.4d- Focal Utopias 165w2 (fronts), rockford t1652 (rears)

DC Power Engineering - 270XP

Knukonceptz and Rockford 1/0 wire through out

XS Power D3100s x2 and a "god ol" Optima Yellow Top up front

Stereo running. Full tilt. Talked to mech and "That vehicle charges low"... Hmm, I see 13.7 normally (idle, no stereo) and that's fine but... 11.9? With full tilt stereo?

That's why I say eff it, I'll deal with it later when my job situation is better. Sorta in the unknown land right now.

Maybe they Should've told you that before you bought the alt huh? Lol i like how you quoted it. I heard that before. Idk but I'm scratching this one off my list...

teamsundown3hx11.jpgxs1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2-1.png

2010 Pathfinder

Sundown Audio - SAZ 4500- Zv.3 15"x 2 w/ Nightshade coils

Sundown Audio - SAX 100.4d- Focal Utopias 165w2 (fronts), rockford t1652 (rears)

DC Power Engineering - 270XP

Knukonceptz and Rockford 1/0 wire through out

XS Power D3100s x2 and a "god ol" Optima Yellow Top up front

• 1 month later...

I have a 2011 toyota sienna xle mini van for taxi. I got the same problem like you, I just want the voltage up to 14.2 hot just to charge the battery fast. My mistake was upgrading the alternator. Went through ALOT of problem with the high out put alternator, then I just install the mechman adjustable voltage regulator (it a plug and play adapter connect to your stock alternator) and there a screw which you just turn to increase the voltage up. That is the cheapest and easy way to increase the voltage up with your stock alternator.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2011 toyota sienna xle mini van for taxi. I got the same problem like you, I just want the voltage up to 14.2 hot just to charge the battery fast. My mistake was upgrading the alternator. Went through ALOT of problem with the high out put alternator, then I just install the mechman adjustable voltage regulator (it a plug and play adapter connect to your stock alternator) and there a screw which you just turn to increase the voltage up. That is the cheapest and easy way to increase the voltage up with your stock alternator.

So you added the module to your FACTORY alt or your HO Alt?

I want to jump in and say that depending on where you read voltage from may cause false readings.

In my car if I run off the h/u power wire and turn on the blower for the heater I get 12.4 or something. If I read at the amp or batt or anywhere else I get 14.4.

I'm guessing the motor is causing some issue and is probably on the same circuit or something stupid like that in my car.

Tldr

Some cars have funky electrical. Be sure to read voltage at your amps or battery if you can