Alpine CDE-147BT my mini review

Ok, so I just replaced an older Pioneer unit with this new Alpine. What a world of difference! Very loud and very clean! Im running my mids and highs right off the deck while my subs are amped. The spectrum of adjustments are very good, including time alignment and a 9 band EQ. It takes a little getting used to as far as controls go and the button layout is not the most friendly for use without looking at it, but it's not horrible either. The search function for the USB is awesome however. On my Pioneer I could skip folders and files, but it had to be in order. With this, you use the dial to find your folder, then find your song. It's really great not having to change tracks 20 times to get to a certain song.

Frequency response is also very good. I used to try to play "Bass, I Love You" like all the other youtube guys just to see what it would sound like. Well the Pioneer couldnt reproduce the ultra low frequencies and it sounded like shit to be honest. I thought it was my subs and amp coupled with a shitty box. NOPE. Played it on this head unit and what a world of difference. I can hear everything now and it's not all muddy and distorted.

I strongly recommend this head unit to anyone who likes nice clean sound. I was a huge Pioneer head unit fan boy for many many years (like back to 1995 when I got my first 2 knob tape deck from them) I do remember having one Alpine head unit back in 2001, but couldnt remember for the life of me how it sounded until now. Now that I have a side by side comparision fresh in my head, I remember even that old Alpine being clearer and crisper.

Archived