NEED HELP W/ FIRST MAJOR WIRING INSTALL!!!!

I have zero runs from my alternators directly to my bank. I'll stand by mine. Maybe if you struggle with keeping your rear battery voltage up it would be optimal but at that point it becomes an alternator issue and not supplying enough power I have 6 and 6 runs to the rear. I can guarantee that I would gain nothing doing a run to the rear from each alt.

what's your belief that it's optimal

free flow of electricty. why not have both? for the op yea he doesnt NEED it. How do you know for sure you wouldnt gain? Have you tried it? I hvaent done a direct test but i really have a hard time believing having both makes no difference as opposed to only having the battery to battery run

Some people (notably bigger systems) will gain at most a couple tenths on the meter, but most probably won't gain anything by going straight from alt instead of front battery (which is your alt is connected to). If you really want to test, install it with enough slack that you can swing between both, and see what happens. Daily, absolutely nothing. Meter, maybe.

I'd be more inclined to add a dedicated ground run than to run off of the alt. That's a much more potentially weaker connection.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Some people (notably bigger systems) will gain at most a couple tenths on the meter, but most probably won't gain anything by going straight from alt instead of front battery (which is your alt is connected to). If you really want to test, install it with enough slack that you can swing between both, and see what happens. Daily, absolutely nothing. Meter, maybe.

I'd be more inclined to add a dedicated ground run than to run off of the alt. That's a much more potentially weaker connection.

i agree, ill take my couple tenths or the potential for it. Theres far more expensive upgrades then swinging a wire over from batt to alt...

Archived