Sonic Electronix

1. Take fuse out of fuse holder.

2. Plug power wire in amp.

3. Replace fuse (may spark, but don't be a pussy,lol)

so, I noticed when the fuse sparked it never popped, so if it sparks again my fuse won't pop? i dont have any more fuses :mad:.

Before I put the power wire back in do I disconnect the ground from the amp, or do I do that after the power wire is in it's terminal?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

no, leave the ground in the amp. Pull the fuse out of the holder, then put your power wire into your amp, tighten the allen bolt, the reinsert the fuse. Even if it sparks its ok, atleast you know you know you have current going to the amp, and don't worry about getting shocked, you won't ground out unless you are touching metal with you bare skin.

Edited by Chris D

I'll be there tomorrow around between 10 and 11.

The sparks won't kill you! I have friends that still get scared every time I touch a battery post lol! it won't shock you. You'll get a small spark and it will stop as soon as you get it in. It's just that initial contact.

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

take out the fuse in the power line. connect the power line to the amp, then reinsert the fuse into the fuse holder. If the fuse sparks alittle its ok. Like it was said earlier, as long as you bare skin is not touching anything metal you won't ground out and get shocked.

ok, correct me if i'm wrong on this.

Step 1: Take fuse cover off

Step 2: Unbolt the metal nugs and take the fuse out.

Step 3. Connect power wire to the amp terminal.

Step 4. Disconnect the Ground from the amp.

Step 5: Re insert 200A fuse to the holder.

Step 6: Re Insert Ground into amp Terminal

step 7: jump up and down in joy and hope it don't blow to hell?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Delete steps 4 and 6! You won't blow the fuse if everything is hooked up right.

Step 1: Take fuse cover off

Step 2: Unbolt the metal nugs and take the fuse out.

Step 3. Connect power wire to the amp terminal.

Step 5: Re insert 200A fuse to the holder.

Ok, I gotcha.

When I connect the power wire into the terminal theyll be no sparks, when I put the fuse back onto the holder it'll spark but that's normal... what about when I gotta tighten the bolts touching metal on metal I won't get shocked?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

leave the ground in the amp. I edited my other post, BTW. And no, don't worry about getting shocked, that is unless your half naked or something, just as long as no bare skin is touching any other metal, say you arm on another bolt or something like that, you won't complete the circuit, and you won't ground out.

Edited by Chris D

leave the ground in the amp. I edited my other post, BTW.

i dunno wtf I would do without this forum, you guys saved me from going to a shop and being charged this and that where I can just come on here for free and come up with ideas and solutions and trouble shoot it step by step. I think we need to make a Dedication Page for SMD.

I read your edit and it makes sense.

slim8605 is gonna come over tommorrow and help me just to make sure I don't fuck it up.

the allen Wranch is on the terminal,

but to install the fuse and keep the terminals in place I use that metal Wrench thing with big circles, and I tighten or loose the nug that's putting metal on metal. So, as long as the power wire isn't in the amp, than I can tighten the nug to secure the fuse without getting shocked right?

lol i'm such a pussy now all this shock shit, I just dont wanna get electricuted.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19