Sonic Electronix

Ok, I took the old amp out because it goes into Protect mode mmats DHC 1400.2 modded with capacitor we all know this. I hooked up the second amplifer and I have the fuse connected to the fuse holder, I have the ground wire connected to the amp, the power wire is not connected to the amp but is connected to the terminal, the speaker wires & remote wire is in. When I went to put the Power Wire 0 gauge into the terminal it sparked at me. This also happened when I had the power and ground in the amp and was putting the fuse in it also sparked. So, why the fuck is it sparking, and why cant I just have my system back :( I seriously don't wanna go back to the shop and be charged $45.00 for an amp install. This shit never happened with my fucking other car a 1997 Beretta, and Cavalier, ran off a 60 & 80A fuse, battery was under the hood, I took the fuse out of the holder, and I was fine putting the wires in the amp, was able to put fuse back in with no sparks and wah lah so why is this so difficult :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: here's pictures of the wireing.

300afusexi8.jpg

2007chevycobalt009se1.jpg

2007chevycobalt008iw5.jpg

capacitorku0.jpg

Basically what they did was took the 0 gauge wire, added a terminal, put the power wire into the amp, and connected it to left side of fuse holder bolt. They took more 0 gauge wire and connected that to the positive side of my battery under the trunk and connected that to the fuse holder. They took the Ground wire connected to the amp and I dunno where they grounded it but I edited my mistake it's not connected to the battery. I don't know please throw insults, noob attacks, w.e just put me out of my fucking misery and solve this for me :lol:

the main issue is I can't get the Power wire inside the terminal without it sparking, and I'm afraid to take the fuse out cuz that involves metal, and since theirs current i'll get fucking shocked trying to unloosen the bolt so i just wanna shoot myself.

the problems fixed, amps hooked up and subs wanging =)

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Its sparking because its sending power through the wire rapidly. Always happens when I replace a fuse. But just to be sure make sure the power wire is not getting cut or touching a ground ANYWHERE!!! You won't get shocked if you only are touching the positive side, just make sure you aren't touching metal(body of car, or frame) with the hand you are not using. I always put one hand behind my back to make sure I am not completing the circuit.

Edited by duct_tape123

Its sparking because its sending power through the wire rapidly. Always happens when I replace a fuse.

yah, but am i gonna get electricuted lmfao.

that's my main concern. Also, when I put it into the terminal is my amp gonna blow?

u know paranoid shit like that is going thru my head right now.

I was also wondering I have to use an Allen wranch to loosen the terminal to get the wire in and tighten it, if I put the metal to metal will that cause a spark if the 0 gauge wire isnt in the terminal yet? i'm very paranoid right now.

:blink:

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Take the fuses out of the amp just to make sure you don't blow them, or the amp.

it's a MMATS DHC 1400.2 I don't think it has fuses on the outside.....

so it's safe for me to plug the 0 gauge wire into the terminal even when it sparks long as I don't touch anything metal and once it goes in, it should stop sparking?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

disconnect ground from amp.

insert fuses

plug ground back in.

I was thinking that =).

I figured if I kept the power wire inside the terminal and undid the ground it would stop the current right? the fuse is already inserted though with the cover on, and bolts on.... as long as the 0 gauge wire isnt connected to the terminal I can take the fuse out?

all I want is the 0 gauge wire into the terminal :mad:

that will complete my set up.

i dont wanna die doing it though.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

slim if ur reading this which I know u are, get back to me on pm and lemme know if u can drop by tommorrow.

thanks for all the help guys i'm suprised so many viewers probally looking at me like a jack ass but I admit i'm probally the only car audio rookie on this site.... atleast I admit it =).

so, some one type out step by step list for me to do 1st to last so I know what to do.

The power wire is disconnected but connected to the fuse terminal and 200A fuse is in place.

the ground is connected to the amp.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19