Second Skin Audio

need to design enclosure for 2 sa8's

lgnmgr

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/lgnmgr/media/image_zpsc37b5505.jpeg.html

Can't figure out how to post the picture.

the picture shows where the enclosure will be placed. it will sit on a false floor above the amp. the max dimensions if you can't see them in the picture are Width 24" x Height 23" (pic says 24 but with false floor it will be 23) x Top Depth 14" x Bottom Depth 23"

I don't care if the the enclosure is slanted with the seat or straight (whatever works best) i can also figure out the angle of the the seat if that helps

I've messed around with torres but i dont feel confident that im designing it perfectly and i want to get the best sound i can out of it

It will be for 2 sundown sa8 v2's powered by a sundown saz 1500d

i would want to be tuned around 34 or 35hz

any suggestions for sub/port orientation and or designs are welcome. let me know if there's any other information that you need, thanks.

Ignore this post, trying to get the image to show up.

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/lgnmgr/media/image_zpsc37b5505.jpeg.html

Edit: can't seem to get it to show the image either. Sorry.

04 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Kenwood Excelon X998

XS Power D3400

XS Power D1200

Singer 275A alternator with factory bypass

64 sqft SecondSkin Damplifier

Build to be decided

:peepwall:

Are the coils dual 4 ohm? The reason I ask is because box size depends on power applied

I don't know the best orientation for the subs and port. I would probably go with subs up and port towards passenger side, but I don't know.

sorry didn't think about that but yes the subs will be dual 4's wired to one ohm, so they'll be getting 1500+ watts total. that is actually what i was thinking for the subs and port but just not totally sure like you said

That's gonna be nice. Hopefully someone has better insight than me.

thanks, i have everything but the subs and im ordering those friday so i'd like to build it within the next 2 weeks

I have 2 sa 8 v2 and have them in a net 1.45ft^3 tuned to 33hz and really like the way they perform. Mine are also dual 4 ohm wired to 1 ohm seeing a 1500+ rms daily.

As far as actually giving you advice on how to set up your box idk enough to feel comfortable with that yet.

Archived