Second Skin Audio

2 4" aeros with one 15, help with box!!

Hello, this is my first post in this forum so i am obviously new here. I've been building slot port boxes for a little over a year now for myself with great success and decided i wanted to look into aero ports to save trunk room (a gross ~6.65cuft box isn't, say, ideal for a cavalier) lol. i have done tons of searching for my question but cannot seem to find it anywhere. my sub is a 15" PA Mofo-152x and i was planning on making a 4cuft internal volume box with two 4"x9.8" flared aero ports to get a 38hz tune but am unsure on where to put the ports themselves. what my question is, is can i put the sub directly in the middle with one aero on either side of the sub? or do the ports need to be on one side and the sub on the other more similar to a slot port? or does it really even matter? id like to do the first because of looks and because of the equilibrium of the box but if its not a good thing to do then the second will be fine! Thank you in advance for any replies!

-Dante'

i just realized that i didn't put the box specs up, the box will be 33Wx17.25D(with double baffled front)x16H and made with 3/4 mdf. the ports would be centered top to bottom and around 3" away from the side walls. so there'd be around 4" or so between the outside of the surround and the ports. seem like it'd be a good set up?

one more quick question. instead of buying aero ports like i originally planned I'm going to make them because i have a bunch of 4" pvc laying around. now correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't really matter how much you flare the ends as long as the inside thats not flared is the correct length right? on the psp-inc.com website they say i need a 2 4"x8.9" non flared ports or 2 of their 4" flared ports x9.8" to get to my goal of 38hz tuning. if i were to make them myself and cut the pvc about an inch longer than 8.9" and then mark the 8.9 on both sides with a half inch left over i can flare them out to the lines and have to correct tuning, right? what i was actually thinking of doing was cutting it an inch and a half longer and having half an inch of flare on the inside then flaring it with one inch on the outside then actually making half of the outside flare flat to be able to mount it to the box with screws. is my theory correct or does it need some adjusting?

this helped allot for me to! i plan on making my own flared and was wondering if you could flare them to much

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff