Sundown Audio

Tuning ZFX1800.1d Amp?

Cadillac_Fresh

Ok new to the forums here, Just thought Id start with some questions.

In regards to this amp, I know the zues series isnt everyone's first choice but Im on a tight budget and its getting me back into the game after using my subs for a table for 2 years.

Anyone know how to tune the "Sub Sonic" and "Low Pass" correctly. They're foreign to me. Realisticly its all foreign but I just play it by ear for now.

The amp is a Hifonics ZFX1800.1d, I have two SVC 4ohm Power Reference Memphis 12"s (250/500 max) in pre-fab 42hz Memphis Box.

It gets a solid thump but I noticed some of the higher frequencys (I think) are kinda just dulling out. Instead of a gorilla in a box it sounds like a bad stomach ache.

Anything helps,

zrx18001d.jpg

prefabs make woofers sound terrible

oh yes i noticed a fucking night and day difference when i got my box from highoutputenclosures tuned to 34hz vs prefab

also if you can invest in a dd-1 for the gain its a life saver, if you dont have one at 0 (bass boost always 0) :rolleyes:

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Sub sonic should be set 5hz below your box tuning. So I would put it just a hair below half.

Set your low pass filter to 80hz. Half way at 12:00 position will be fine

Hope this helps

Thank's brother, Ill get on it tomorrow. Working on saving for a full electrical upgrade. Relays, Extra Batteries, All 0 Guage Wires. The list goes on and on.

oh yes i noticed a fucking night and day difference when i got my box from highoutputenclosures tuned to 34hz vs prefab

also if you can invest in a dd-1 for the gain its a life saver, if you dont have one at 0 (bass boost always 0) :rolleyes:

Gonna check these guys out, as Im sure they're not local for me being as it seems car audio is non existant In Washington, Do they ship?

Would be nice to meet some fellow car audio enthusiasts.

In regards to the DD1 Im gonna be picking one up as part of the arsinal on top of the crossover meter. Tried to contact steve about maybe a discount code but no reply.

What exactly is the gain on my amp? Being as there is no official gain label. Is that the "Bass EQ" Part?

Gonna check these guys out, as Im sure they're not local for me being as it seems car audio is non existant In Washington, Do they ship?

In regards to the DD1 Im gonna be picking one up as part of the arsinal on top of the crossover meter. Tried to contact steve about maybe a discount code but no reply.

What exactly is the gain on my amp? Being as there is no official gain label. Is that the "Bass EQ" Part?

Its the "Level". The bass Eq would be the bass boost

yes they ship

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

yes they ship

Cant get they're webpage to work. Ill try later, Ok so your saying Bass EQ should be 0 though? If so how come?

Sub sonic should be set 5hz below your box tuning. So I would put it just a hair below half.

Set your low pass filter to 80hz. Half way at 12:00 position will be fine

Hope this helps

Soundstream, gotta send out a thanks to you man. Did what you said and Im noticing a pretty significant difference. I also turned the bass EQ on the amp completely off.

Not really any more muffled tones. :good:

Archived