Second Skin Audio

Diffrences between 4th order and ported box

Looking into either building a ported box or 4th order box for 4 American Bass XFL 1222s on a DC 5k in a 2000 mountaineer . Keeping back seat and don't want to wall it. give me the pluses and minuses to both of these setups please. this is a daily driver

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

650 posts yeah!

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

anybody?

4th order will sound more nasty on all the different frequencies,but will require much more airspace and less forgiveness in the accuracy of the box build.ported will sound good on certain frequencies , but needs less airspace and theres more forgiveness in the accuracy of the box. this is just my opinion from researching this forum,which i do a lot!

so overall a 4th order will play better over a wider frequency range but take up more space. but need a good desisgn box with 0 design error. vs a ported box which has a narower frequency range, takes up less space. design can have more error then a 4th. correct?

anybody know of any good designers that could help me with this?

so overall a 4th order will play better over a wider frequency range but take up more space. but need a good desisgn box with 0 design error. vs a ported box which has a narower frequency range, takes up less space. design can have more error then a 4th. correct?

yes that is correct.there are different programs you can buy to help you build your box, term pro, bass pro 6 or you could pay someone... meh dave the box guy, designs by ryan. just do a little more research. i would rather buy the software and build my own so if i wanted to go bigger or change my setup later you would already have the software

Mobile enclosures Check him out on facebook

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

reading it now.

have almost always built my own just thinking it would be less of a pain in the ass (and headache) to have someone design it for me so it performs more like i want it to. and have heard that if you do not build a 4th right you can easily blow a woofer or woofers but love the look of them.

Archived