Maniac electric motors alternators?

Guest DC Power Kyle

Well the only problem I'm having is holding power at idle since they couldn't locate a smaller pulley I'm using the factory right now(55mm) at idle it's not impressive not any worse then factory but not an improvement. But while driving I am able to hold in the 14.00-13.6v full tilt on the stereo, I will give them one thing there customer service is very good, they contacted me to tell me they would take it back including shipping but I just want a smaller pulley! So there sending me some to see if I can't machine them into what I need since I work in a shop anyways it should only cost a six pack to the machinist to get something working and if I can't they said mail it back no problem so well see.

So in short you guys where right, it's not everything I could want but it's not as bad as it could have been either!

Sorry but its easy to get "output" at driving speeds. You purchased an alternator that was not made for idle output. You lost efficiency for more power.

a local guy over here ordered from a company named powerbastards or something simmiliar..was not satisfied as it did not get the desired output...later he ordered from Mechman...as they are a little bit more expensive, BUT you get more amperage from what you paid from their product price. and of course great alternator built quality

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Yea I wish I had the money to drop on a true purpose built alt, I'm going to either save up or invest in a larger vehicle with more possibilities since this car has over 250k on it, as for machining a pulley I've asked around and no one seems to be able to or want to do it. It makes power at idle but not as much as it could make if it where spinning a hair faster, like at 1k rpm it's plenty but at 800 rpm it falls off not like the factory was doing much better though.

Well the only problem I'm having is holding power at idle since they couldn't locate a smaller pulley I'm using the factory right now(55mm) at idle it's not impressive not any worse then factory but not an improvement. But while driving I am able to hold in the 14.00-13.6v full tilt on the stereo, I will give them one thing there customer service is very good, they contacted me to tell me they would take it back including shipping but I just want a smaller pulley! So there sending me some to see if I can't machine them into what I need since I work in a shop anyways it should only cost a six pack to the machinist to get something working and if I can't they said mail it back no problem so well see.

So in short you guys where right, it's not everything I could want but it's not as bad as it could have been either!

Sorry but its easy to get "output" at driving speeds. You purchased an alternator that was not made for idle output. You lost efficiency for more power.

Don't listen to this guy he doesn't know anything ♥

But seriously. DC makes great alts. Not cheap, but truly awesome units

Archived