Jump to content

Active crossover help


Recommended Posts

Posted

It sounds to me what you are looking for is an active 3-way crossover that can send a "band pass" signal to the mids (having a low pass filter and a high pass filter in one for your mids) and a high pass filter for your highs. The low pass "subwoofer" channel would not be used in your case. If that is what you are looking for look at 3-way crossovers but make sure they actually have a band pass not just a low pass and two high pass channels. It can be tricky because most of the newer "3-way" crossovers have the low and two high pass filters and no mid or band pass. I know Boss makes a halfway decent one the BX55.

Posted

If your main concern is that you only have one set of RCA out from your head unit many of the 3-way crossovers have the option of changing your input/ output modes so that one input channel can be used to provide the signal for all three (six with left and right channel for each of the three filters) output channels.

Posted

It sounds to me what you are looking for is an active 3-way crossover that can send a "band pass" signal to the mids (having a low pass filter and a high pass filter in one for your mids) and a high pass filter for your highs. The low pass "subwoofer" channel would not be used in your case. If that is what you are looking for look at 3-way crossovers but make sure they actually have a band pass not just a low pass and two high pass channels. It can be tricky because most of the newer "3-way" crossovers have the low and two high pass filters and no mid or band pass. I know Boss makes a halfway decent one the BX55.

Boss? wow the way their name is dragged through the mud i would have never thought so but seems legit Thanks!

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

Posted

Don't get the Boss BX55 thinking it is going to be great, as you said Boss is not known for mid-high end audio equipment. The BX55 is entry level but would do what it sounded like you were looking for. It was the only model number I could think of off the top of my head that I knew would give you the mid, band pass you were looking for. That being said I had one and it did fine but I later upgraded. If you want to go up a bit in quality Kicker makes a 3-way crossover that does the mid, band pass but I can't remember the model number. It's the Kicker Front Row that Stephen13 mentioned. I think you can look it up by that name and see the features. Also Lanzar makes one in the Opti series that has the band pass mids. I think it is Optix3b or something like that, not the Lanzar Opti 3-way crossover that has two high pass and a sub low pass (make sure you look at the features to get the right one). I also have heard good things about the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 (I think that is the model number) but it is pricey and is set up through a laptop computer interface or Bluetooth computer interface.

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1295 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...