Second Skin Audio

Box Leak = No Lows?

hdorre

That's the plan john ;)

Lol Katt

So is the general consensus that a box leak is stealing teh lowz? Lol I mean, it does make sense I guess..

Yep. Loosing backpressure in a sense. And you'd think if the spiders were gone, it would rub, tap, or make any other love making sounds.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Try grabbing a can of Loctite PL and putting a generous bead along all the corners before you glass. The PL will take a day to completely cure before you apply the layer of glass but just helps to ensure the bond between pannels.... The strength or Bond ratting of PL is through the roof and will not crack like other adhesives plus it is only $5 a can so well worth it. Also when you glass make sure that you pre cut strips of matting as this will help when you have the fiberglass mixed and ready to go. Use the fiber style matting also it is much easier to work with versus the cloth. Good Luck :-)

www.c2audio.com

Car Stereo LLC

5462 Mahoning Ave.

Youngstown, OH 44515

330-953-0331

Hours: Mon-Fri 9-5 est

That's the plan john ;)

Lol Katt

So is the general consensus that a box leak is stealing teh lowz? Lol I mean, it does make sense I guess..

Yep. Loosing backpressure in a sense. And you'd think if the spiders were gone, it would rub, tap, or make any other love making sounds.

Hahah!! Well, I took a look at the drivers today.. and they seem to be fine. Also, nope.. It didn't sound like they were fucking lol

Try grabbing a can of Loctite PL and putting a generous bead along all the corners before you glass. The PL will take a day to completely cure before you apply the layer of glass but just helps to ensure the bond between pannels.... The strength or Bond ratting of PL is through the roof and will not crack like other adhesives plus it is only $5 a can so well worth it. Also when you glass make sure that you pre cut strips of matting as this will help when you have the fiberglass mixed and ready to go. Use the fiber style matting also it is much easier to work with versus the cloth. Good Luck :-)

Woah, thank you for the tips! They're all noted.. Wow.. :good:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

So, Im looking at PL Premium.. Do i want the 3x or 8x stuff? The 8x is like twice the price, but if its recommended...

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived