JP-12 Posted March 26, 2014 Report Posted March 26, 2014 How would I go about finding dimensions? I'm trying to build a box for 2 type R's in my focus. Don't really want to go with a prefab,
Joe X Posted March 26, 2014 Report Posted March 26, 2014 Post amp and vehicle exact models, model of the subs (starts with SWR) and max dims for a box that can go fit in it's way inside the vehicle.
JP-12 Posted March 26, 2014 Author Report Posted March 26, 2014 Amp: alpine MRX-M240 Subs: SWR-12D4 Trunk space: H: 20" W: 39" D: 29" But I think I can only fit about a 15" height unless I build it straight into the trunk
Joe X Posted March 26, 2014 Report Posted March 26, 2014 It can be done like this, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, build a cardboard dummy box to test fit before cutting any wood:
JP-12 Posted March 26, 2014 Author Report Posted March 26, 2014 Thanks so much! Love that everyone is so helpful on here! It's awesome! Been tryin to learn more lately so hopefully I can help out someday! Haha What's best wood to use?
JP-12 Posted March 26, 2014 Author Report Posted March 26, 2014 Oh and am I supposed to put those cylinders in it?
Joe X Posted March 26, 2014 Report Posted March 26, 2014 The cross braces are optional, if you want to do them those are 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods, for wood use 3/4" MDF, cost effective and does the job right.
PortSideAudio Posted March 26, 2014 Report Posted March 26, 2014 I am currently building a box for two 15" for somebody right now, 34hz is a really high tuning for this line of subs. 2002 Toyota Corolla Pioneer DEH-80PRS Soundqubed Q1-2200d Soundqubed HDC3.118 Soundqubed Q4-120 Alpine SPR-60 Alpine SPR-60C
JP-12 Posted March 26, 2014 Author Report Posted March 26, 2014 One more question. What about the corner pieces?
Joe X Posted March 26, 2014 Report Posted March 26, 2014 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one inside the port, here's how to do it: The width of the port at the corner must be the same as the rest of the port.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.