Hifonics X2600.1D

SickWickedClown

i have this amp. actually its the old school one thats black and have the hifonics in the block letters that lights up . how can i test it?? i have the orion hcca 10.4 but only have 4 gauge wire atm with a 60 amp fuse under the hood by the batter. so its like cutting off if i go above 800watts rms at 2 ohms... i just ordered 0 gauge with a 250 amp fuse . hopefully this will open the flood gates

Not actually blowing the 60 amp fuse?

no the fuse up front hasnt blown but the amp has cut out like 4 times when i was pushing it harder then the 700rms . the amp stayed lit up even when it cut out and alls i had to do was turn the deck off then back and and it works again... what do you think my problem.

It has done this 4 times or so . 1 time it was after playing it hard for about 45min and i kept turning it a lil higher and another time it was after 2 second when a song came on that was bass bosted i think. but as long as i keep it under the 700 rms it has played for 2 hours no issues. why do u you think its doing this? protecting the fuse up front.. once again this amp doesnt have any fuses that i can see

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

hifonics 2600w amp is like what, $300? and has the korean 2000w board.

korean 2000w board = soundqubed 2200. which has been tested by the owners of soundqubed to put out that power.

soundqubed is $430. hifonics is $130 cheaper, and is "supposed" to do 400w more?

what a joke.

cheaper amp = cheaper internals

cheaper internals = less power

cheaper components usually also lead to a significantly shorter life span.

if the fuse up front isn't blowing you have an issue with the amp. a fuse cant bottle neck current. they either allow the current to pass or they blow. It is a safety device pure plain and simple. if you have a 60 amp fuse and it has not blown then the amp has yet to draw more than 60 amps. I look at your grounds and the rest of the power wireing for corroded connections and possibly bad wire.

when i was pushing it harder then the 700rms

I'd like to hear how you knew you went past 700 watts, which tools did you use to measure the output?

if the fuse up front isn't blowing you have an issue with the amp.

have you ever heard of slow blow?

what about cold resistance and voltage drop value?

i have this amp. actually its the old school one thats black and have the hifonics in the block letters that lights up . how can i test it?? i have the orion hcca 10.4 but only have 4 gauge wire atm with a 60 amp fuse under the hood by the batter. so its like cutting off if i go above 800watts rms at 2 ohms... i just ordered 0 gauge with a 250 amp fuse . hopefully this will open the flood gates

Not actually blowing the 60 amp fuse?

no the fuse up front hasnt blown but the amp has cut out like 4 times when i was pushing it harder then the 700rms . the amp stayed lit up even when it cut out and alls i had to do was turn the deck off then back and and it works again... what do you think my problem.

It has done this 4 times or so . 1 time it was after playing it hard for about 45min and i kept turning it a lil higher and another time it was after 2 second when a song came on that was bass bosted i think. but as long as i keep it under the 700 rms it has played for 2 hours no issues. why do u you think its doing this? protecting the fuse up front.. once again this amp doesnt have any fuses that i can see

You're doing something wrong. It has nothing to do with that 60 amp fuse up front. How are you estimating 700 watts? If you're cutting out and going in protect you have issues somewhere, check all of your wiring. You said you were wired @ 2 ohms, it's rated at 1900... So it probably puts around 1200ish RMS just for a reasonable guess. I'm curious to see how you can say that you're feeding exactly 700, 800 that you've said in 2 posts now. How have you set your gains? Odds are, you need to do a lot of reading and get things set up correctly. Even being a cheap amp, it shouldn't be protecting at 2 ohms and gains set correctly. Hell, I used to run a BRZ @ .5 nominal for like 6 months without an issue. But any cheap amp is always a ticking time bomb subject to die at any time.

Its the same thing with all the cheap amps. When you have one your like " fuck this thing is killing it" then down the line at some time you get a good high end amp and see the difference.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Its the same thing with all the cheap amps. When you have one your like " fuck this thing is killing it" then down the line at some time you get a good high end amp and see the difference.

this guy has seen the light

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

this guy has seen the light

i was the same way when i had an AP 1500 mini for awhile.

then i got the sundowns. lol. no contest. bought good amps from then on.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived