Hifonics X2600.1D

SickWickedClown

That's a nice vid. He always does a good job.

But dyno-ing a different amp tells me nothing. If you dyno-ed the GP1500D, it would not give you the same ratio of results as the GP3000D. Just saying, even though its the same company (different model Brutus), doesn't mean diddly.

Although, he does go on to say for the money this is a pretty good amp.

Lets see some results for the amp in the OP. Now, that would be cool.

F O.

But dyno-ing a different amp tells me nothing. If you dyno-ed the GP1500D, it would not give you the same ratio of results as the GP3000D. Just saying, even though its the same company (different model Brutus), doesn't mean diddly.

my cousin had a 4 channel amp from crunch i think it went out on him it sucked at producing bass and mids forget about it did it have highs yes i'll give it that but it didn't sound clean

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

my cousin had a 4 channel amp from crunch i think it went out on him it sucked at producing bass and mids forget about it did it have highs yes i'll give it that but it didn't sound clean

Yeah I have heard a few Crunch and Hifonics amps that were just a tad more useful than a paper weight.

F O.

lol my 200w fosgate 4 channel from 2000 was like $500 brand new. birth sheets were shown for 50% over rated power. and some people were getting almost 100w per channel at 2 ohms stereo. rated for 50w per channel at 2 ohms.

you pay to play. wanna tax your electrical system, go with hifonics. want something efficient? dont be a cheap ass.

$500 for a component amp = too much for MY applications. We are all here for different reasons. I am looking for a budget amp that can produce a clean 1000+ watts RMS. Get two of them, one for each of my 12's. not looking to compete. Buy Fosgate and you are next to guaranteed to get right at or above rated, but then again you are paying twice as much. That is OK for someone that needs that assurance and piece of mind. I am willing to take chances on an amp that produces real and decent results on the dyno... (this has yet to be seen for the X2600.1D, but stands true for anything I buy after some research)

F O.

lol.. Save. It's not about saving. I'm just frugal, I will never justify buying something that is more expensive when there is another alternative that will, not only suffice, but perform great as well.

I never said I WANT a Hifonics. I want a amp that performs well at a good price.

You may be taking a lot of this out of context. I am looking for the clamp results before I even consider this. If it does what it is rated, and is decently efficient at doing so (and no, i do NOT care about other products or past models), then this would be high on my list of a good amp to try out. Or the clamp results come in and they are a joke. Then I continue looking probably never to look back on a Maxxsonics product again... simple.

F O.

Frugal and car audio dont go well together.

For you and maybe others. For daily beating and high numbers on the meter, I have done quite well, thank you. It's an acquired skill, apparently.

Plus, the install plays a HUGE factor on how things are going to sound.

F O.

Archived