Tallyfiman Posted March 28, 2014 Report Posted March 28, 2014 Hey I was seein if someone could help design a box for 2 fi ssd 18s to go in the back of a 96 jeep grand Cherokee the max dimensions are 40 in wide by 45 in deep and 30 in tall I kinda want it to be tuned pretty low
timc31610 Posted March 30, 2014 Report Posted March 30, 2014 Give it a little while longer, the guys who would be kind enough to help you out may not be staring at this forum just waiting for someone to need a box design. It will also help if you tell what amp you will be running. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Tallyfiman Posted March 31, 2014 Author Report Posted March 31, 2014 Yea I know man my bad I'm running a 2100 watt hifonics amp and just tryin to see if someone could tell me which would be better a big regular box or a band pass box because most of the music I play is low and I heard that the bandpass boxes hit them really hard if it's setup right
timc31610 Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 I believe you will have a hard time fitting a 4th order bandpass in the space you listed. If designed right a simple slot port box will kill the lows. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 I believe you will have a hard time fitting a 4th order bandpass in the space you listed. If designed right a simple slot port box will kill the lows. This. There are very few applications where a bandpass box will work noticeably better than a well designed ported box. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Tallyfiman Posted March 31, 2014 Author Report Posted March 31, 2014 Alright thanks. yea I'm tryin to build it this weekend just gotta find the right design to go with re box calculator is not looking like what I want to do
timc31610 Posted April 1, 2014 Report Posted April 1, 2014 Download the torres box calculator, search for it here on the forum. It will get you where you need to be. Somewhat. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Tallyfiman Posted April 1, 2014 Author Report Posted April 1, 2014 How do you download it when I tried it popped up on somthin totally different
timc31610 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 http://torres-box-tuning-calculator.software.informer.com/ Second download button on the left. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.