Second Skin Audio

So I was working on replacing my struts and had to tear out the back interior to get to the top of the strut tower and im pulling out the old stock 6x9s anyways in the process and I have a shit load of open holes. when sound deadening what is recommended? I know im putting it around where I drop in my 6x9s and I was thinking just use it to cover all the areas with holes in the metal. I know I shouldn't have to cover everything, I mean I could but im trying to only use it where its REALLY NEEDED if you know what I mean. Here some pics of what it looks like.

100_7132_zps10db6e01.jpg

100_7130_zps505ce481.jpg

This must be that pro stock insulation/deadner. lol

100_7123_zpse75d208f.jpg

Check out the stock 6x9s 15W 6 ohm made in Japan. those custom water stains. lol for as shity as they look they didn't sound to bad.

100_7128_zps6da12b37.jpg

See them little holes they are everywhere.

100_7126_zps63e49786.jpg

Edited by JEFFYBOI

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

are you trying to seal off your trunk for bass or just want to make your 6x9's sound better?

Well im not walling the trunk (pillar C) or w/e but idk if you seen Dubndodges build how he gots his trunk box mounted to fit right in the hole opening between the trunk and back seats. That's the same idea im going for

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Also would anyone know if I cut some of the metal in my trunk opening. Would that take me up to modified class or would I still be in trunk class still? USACI rules

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Im aiming for overall just better results more SPL and at the same time I don't want shit rattling. I want to try and keep it as clean sounding as I can.

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

.....Bump.... Tryna get some input here

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

If your trunk is going to be "sealed" meaning box firing forward with an airtight cover then you will want to seal all those random holes. If the bass isnt going to be sealed off then theres not much point in sealing it. I mean you might make your rear speakers sound slightly better but probably marginally noticable

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I'm not sealing off the trunk. I'm mounting the box right in the opening firing forward but i want it to sound clean. I'm not getting much help.. I'm just gonna use dynamat around 6x9s and on any thin metal spots where i think it may help... idk i guess every vehicle is different but I'm just trying to find out where the main spots to cover without covering the whole trunk

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

if you are facing foward you should seal it off. otherwise you will be loosing alot of bass trust me. but sealing it off completely is a bitch

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

if you are facing foward you should seal it off. otherwise you will be loosing alot of bass trust me. but sealing it off completely is a bitch

Ya dude I got the trunk stripped down and there is ALOT to seal off. I been using dynamat xtreme and the shit aint cheap either. I seen on ebay like 36 sq ft of some stinger deadner for like $99. I will just do what I can now and slowly seal it off piece by piece. lol

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS