Sundown Audio

Upgrading Amp (2 SA-10s) 2400 Too Much?

Echo

Those subs can handle 1200 watts of clean power. I've run an SA-15 on 1500 watts in a t-line with no problem. Just don't send them a clipped signal.

did u ever get that metered? or do you have a rough estimate on how that would do on term lab?

PS sorry for the thread jackin

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

Take a look at Skar, Soundquebed, Sundown, etc... I've never used the HiFi line from them but something tells me your only putting about 5-600 watts to each sub max. The Brutus Line is good but you could get something much better at your budget used.

Those subs can handle 1200 watts of clean power. I've run an SA-15 on 1500 watts in a t-line with no problem. Just don't send them a clipped signal.

did u ever get that metered? or do you have a rough estimate on how that would do on term lab?

PS sorry for the thread jackin

Never had it metered but I doubt it would have been impressive. I build my own stuff for sound quality first and low tuning on single sub setups doesn't equate to large numbers on the meter.

I can say this though... it wasn't loud enough so I had to double up on the cone area and quadruple the powar! :-P

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Also look in to c2 audio there 1.4 is rated at 12v and looks like a hell of a amp for the price.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived