Second Skin Audio

Help with 1st 4th order build, ports firing through rear deck

Thanks diego! I just want to make sure that I build it right the first time. I can't afford to blow my sub. Shoot I can't afford to do all the fun experimenting with the box neither. I need to get it right the first time. I figured that I could also somehow make the ports interchangeable. I was also thinking about hitting up RAM designs, but I don't know how much he charges for designs.

ram designs is really reasonable price wise. go to the sight and put in what you want and the prices pop up. probably around 25 bucks for what you want

I've heard aero ports don't work as we'll in 4th orders, try to keep the port as close to a square as you can and and as short as you can

Do you have anything to back this up with?

As I have seen many professional setups (Not necessarily PA) for applications going from cars to homes to stadiums from many companies such as JBL and others along that line use solely aero-ports in their designs.

Don't look at this as me attacking your statement. :)

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

ram designs is really reasonable price wise. go to the sight and put in what you want and the prices pop up. probably around 25 bucks for what you want

Where is the fun in someone else designing it?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I've heard aero ports don't work as we'll in 4th orders, try to keep the port as close to a square as you can and and as short as you can

Do you have anything to back this up with?

As I have seen many professional setups (Not necessarily PA) for applications going from cars to homes to stadiums from many companies such as JBL and others along that line use solely aero-ports in their designs.

Don't look at this as me attacking your statement. :)

lol I got nothing, just have heard it on another site with a huge thread on 4ths. Not butt hurt though, if I'm wrong correct me, that's what we're here for dude

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

lol I got nothing, just have heard it on another site with a huge thread on 4ths. Not butt hurt though, if I'm wrong correct me, that's what we're here for dude

I would if I could definitively, but without the knowledge to be 100% sure I'll leave it as a myth to be busted later.

Where is the fun in someone else designing it?

i was just giving my 2 cents he is the one who brought up ram designs so i answered with the best of my knowledge.

I just don't see how it's possible to get 55 inch^2 of port area which is bout half the cone area for a 12" sub to be so short with a tuned freq of 47hz?

I was thinking bout RAMS designs but, that's $25! I was hoping someone could mock up my box in a fancy program and help me make adjustments if needed.

Mess around with the net volume of the ported partition.

Archived