Sundown Audio

Running 2 amps bass sounds out of phase. also doing weird things...

Amart88

Ugh... not liking the sound of that. I may just say the hell with it and strap them if this don't fix it. Less hassle. It would be almost impossible to match the phase if I had to tweak it.

Man- this makes me wonder now on my setup. My amps have Phase knobs too. They are all set the same, but who is to say that the same for one is the same for another one? That would make the subs play differently causing possible cancellations.

Anyone know an easy way to check the Phasing of one amp vs another?

I wonder if you could play a tone and O-Scope each amp to see that the sine waves land in the same area on the O-Scope graph? Thoughts? Amart88 needs his bass back son!!!!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Man- this makes me wonder now on my setup. My amps have Phase knobs too. They are all set the same, but who is to say that the same for one is the same for another one? That would make the subs play differently causing possible cancellations.

Anyone know an easy way to check the Phasing of one amp vs another?

I wonder if you could play a tone and O-Scope each amp to see that the sine waves land in the same area on the O-Scope graph? Thoughts? Amart88 needs his bass back son!!!!

Good point. Would like to find out also. Really annoying lol.

This doesn't help your cause and I apologize but here are my thoughts..

Sell both nendos and buy a 7.5k and run it at half ohm. GUARANTEE it will be louder than those two amps at 1 ohm each :)

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Sell both nendos and buy a 7.5k and run it at half ohm. GUARANTEE it will be louder than those two amps at 1 ohm each :)

If and when I can afford one, will be doing it. Period.

not sure if this will help or if this could cause a problem..but did you match the output voltage on the amps?so one isn't putting out more power than the other.

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

You need an o-scope with two channels. Then display both on the same screen and get them right on top of each other.

^ that's what's up! ....but.... what if you have 4 amps (like moi?) Dueling dual channel O-Scopes? hehehe :D

If and when I can afford one, will be doing it. Period.

Man- nothing like a knife in your side when you've already been stabbed by the big amp bug! :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

You need an o-scope with two channels. Then display both on the same screen and get them right on top of each other.

^ that's what's up! ....but.... what if you have 4 amps (like moi?) Dueling dual channel O-Scopes? hehehe :D

Just set two of them then use the first as a reference for the others as well.

I don't know what just happened.

Well, I think this is a lot more serious than I thought. I just tried it again both at 0 phase. As i turned it up it slowly got out of phase and became a full sine wave which then got extremely loud and I could not turn it off. My pac lc-1 was all the way down and was the deck and it was still blaring. I had to turn the remote swith off. It was fine when turned back on but scared me. Makes no sense how it could do that with no rca signal.

I need some serious help now... scared to run it strapped.

EDIT: 180 did not work.

Archived