Sundown Audio

Running 2 amps bass sounds out of phase. also doing weird things...

Amart88

I'm done.

Amp is fucked.

I wired them strapped and when I turn my remote on my stinger volt meter turns off on the dash.... wtf. When I unstrapped them everything went back to normal.

Amp is going back and or being replaced. I'm finished. :angry22: :angry22: :angry22: :angry22:

does it still do it with just the new amp by itself?

X2 how does it sound with just the new amp at half?

Gotta narrow down the issue

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

If I hook just the new one on all 4 woofers, it plays. Not as much output and kind of messy if that's the word. But it will play alone. If I strap them weird things start happening and they will not even turn on.

SO FAR I checked:

Set with DD-1 -5@40hz

Woofers VC's (good)

Amps settings (good)

Both amps power and ground resistance test. 0.000 (good)

RCA's (other amp works with the same ones) (good)

Hooked it up alone. (works enough to play)

Anyone know what would cause my stinger volt meter to shut off when I flipped the remote switch on with the amps strapped? (amps never turned on) really bugging me. Could it be that the remote wire is insufficent? It is 16 or 18ga. Sees battery voltage. Can't see it being the problem as it worked before. It's powering the VM, mb quart and the 2 nendos.

If I can't resolve this tomorrow, I'll be calling UPS and Crescendo.

Just trying to find out the 'why' behind it's strange doings. Weird how it works by itself (not 100%) but it plays.

Have you tried running your amps and Volt meter remote turn on through a Relay?

I don't think this is the problem... but it is a good practice to be sure you don't overload the remote turn on from your deck.

How are your getting RCA signal to the second amp when you run them separately/not strapped? Are you just running out of the first amp into the second, or are you using Y-cables to split it? Don't know if that could be it, but it could be something different to try if you have 2 Y-Cables and 2 sets of RCAs laying around to check.

Since you said the 2nd 3500 plays but not 100% and is noisy, -knowing only that, I would lean toward thinking that amp has some sort of issue. But I'm not the expert on that or your situation. May have to have it sent back or to a doctor.

Sorry man- we all know how infuriating stuff is when it doesn't go right.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Have you tried running your amps and Volt meter remote turn on through a Relay?

I don't think this is the problem... but it is a good practice to be sure you don't overload the remote turn on from your deck.

How are your getting RCA signal to the second amp when you run them separately/not strapped? Are you just running out of the first amp into the second, or are you using Y-cables to split it? Don't know if that could be it, but it could be something different to try if you have 2 Y-Cables and 2 sets of RCAs laying around to check.

Since you said the 2nd 3500 plays but not 100% and is noisy, -knowing only that, I would lean toward thinking that amp has some sort of issue. But I'm not the expert on that or your situation. May have to have it sent back or to a doctor.

Sorry man- we all know how infuriating stuff is when it doesn't go right.

No problem man. I appreciate any and all input as I am lost on what to do. I may do the relay thing here at some point.

When I had them seperate, they both turned on fine. I used the daisy chain RCA method. Output from first to the input on second. I have a spare pair here I may try that. Getting tired of swapping wires though. Spent majority of my day doing so.

They would not even turn on while strapped.

The other thing that made no sense is how in the hell the amp "ran away" with the output. went from a songs bassline and started getting wavy and phased into a sine wave at crazy volume. Turning the deck down did not stop it.

I'm leaning towards the amp.

Archived