touchet.seth Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Im buying 2 nvx vcw 15 inch subs and im putting them in my 99 gmc sierra extended cab. I plan on removing the back seat and building a box from the floor to right where the back window starts. The subwoofers need 2.5 cubic feet each and I want my port either facing straight up or towards the front but I want the subwoofers to be pointing up for sure. I just need help finding measurements and il build it on my own. I can give and info on the space available to me. And I think I want the port tuned to 32 hz.
Joe X Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Welcome, yes, max dims and amp you are using.
rockFord_Expedition Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Just plug and play in torres calc. Settle on the Height and width you want and mess with the depth until you end up with the net volume you need. 2.5 cubes for a 15 in a ported box is small. Did you double check you were looking at ported and not sealed volume? A (passenger) side firing port will probably work best if you are after efficiency/numbers, but it isn't mandatory by any means. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
touchet.seth Posted April 1, 2014 Author Report Posted April 1, 2014 I went to the nvx website for the subwoofers and it said 2.5 cubic feet ( ported ) and this is the link http://www.nvx.com/vcw154.html . Im not looking for numbers just yet I just want a good build for demoing to friends and people at school. Im only running a 1200 watt amp right now but I plan on getting a 2400 watt amp soon. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!
BryPfy Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 Before building, I would suggest looking into tuning it a bit lower than 32hz. It's always a personal call, but I'm running their VCW124 tuned at 26hz and they murder all songs. Great lows & great punch. Let me know if you need a hand with the designing of yours, my system is in a 89 Sierra. AudioPfeil 1989 GMC C1500 3300 watts AudioPfeil.com
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.