Sparkysdime Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 I have four 12 inch MTX 5500 square subs. Im doin a blow thru in a Toyota single cab truck. The bed dims. are 57w-16h-74L. The length from the cab to the start of the wheel tubs is 15 inches. I would like to tune it to around 32 htz.
timc31610 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Are you talking about a 4th order bandpass blowthrough? If so you will likely want to tune lower. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
CleanSierra Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Are you talking about a 4th order bandpass blowthrough? If so you will likely want to tune lower. Tune lower than 32Hz with a 4th order bandpass? I think maybe you have that backwards. The tuning would likely need to be bigger to control the high end roll off. A 4th order bandpass gets it's low end response from the sealed chamber of the enclosure. Sparky, are you wanting a straight forward, vented enclosure? Or as stated, are you looking at having a 4th order bandpass? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Sparkysdime Posted April 2, 2014 Author Report Posted April 2, 2014 Just a straight forward vented enclosure.
timc31610 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Are you talking about a 4th order bandpass blowthrough? If so you will likely want to tune lower. Tune lower than 32Hz with a 4th order bandpass? I think maybe you have that backwards. The tuning would likely need to be bigger to control the high end roll off. A 4th order bandpass gets it's low end response from the sealed chamber of the enclosure. Sparky, are you wanting a straight forward, vented enclosure? Or as stated, are you looking at having a 4th order bandpass? Yeah CleanSierra, I meant higher. Sorry bout that. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Sparkysdime Posted April 3, 2014 Author Report Posted April 3, 2014 They don't have to be in a straight line. Just whatever would work and be tuned correctly.
timc31610 Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 I have seen numerous blow through designs on this forum and I have a question. If you were to do a standard ported blow through would the opening have to be large enough for the subs and port? Similar to sealing off a trunk with subs/port forward? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.