Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help designing 18in. ported box


Recommended Posts

Posted

Found this one from a long time ago when I had 2 12's:

img4050b.jpg

Here's an identical trunk to mine. And yeah I think the port area may need to be changed to facing up if that's possible because as it stands it'll definitely be right up against my trunk when it's closed. Again I really appreciate the help.

o4l4Spy.png

Posted

Ok here is the modded box, as before, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, power: to around sub rated, bracing 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods:

supu18cut.jpg

supu18.jpg

Posted

For the wooden rods, they're only 1 and 1/4 inches long? And when it says 2x top and bottom (3 parts) what exactly does that mean? Sorry for all the stupid questions but I want to make sure I get it right.

Posted

The dowel's diameter is 1 1/4" not their lengths, the "2x top and bottom (3 parts)" means that there are 3 identical sheets 40 1/2" x 20 3/4" to be made, one of them will be the bottom of the box and two of them will be the top of the box as you can see in the figure, the two stacked layers on top are for added strength.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...