running a second bat

when running a second battery do i just need to run it off the alt with an inline fuse? or is there something else i need to do

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

i believe its good to fuse at both ends

so one under the hood and one in the back by the battery?

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

ya it doesn't hurt to have an extra fuse, just an extra line of protection.. also please correct me if im wrong but unless your runs are really short from the rear batt to the amp you should also fuse that line

You only need one fuse inline to the rear batt from the front. When you make your run to the amp, fuse that wire.

does it hurt to have an extra fuse? or just not necessary?

just curious, because i have seen some people say fuse at both ends and some say only one

Every time you break the line(with fusing and connections), you're losing power. There is no need to have 2 fuses on the same run like that. Once you make your run to the amp, fuse THAT line.

To answer your question simply: No, two fuses on that same line are not needed

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Every time you break the line(with fusing and connections), you're losing power. There is no need to have 2 fuses on the same run like that. Once you make your run to the amp, fuse THAT line.

To answer your question simply: No, two fuses on that same line are not needed

gotcha, thanks for the clarification and sorry for the confusion OP

You only need one fuse inline to the rear batt from the front. When you make your run to the amp, fuse that wire.

What I was told it to fuse as close to both front and back as possible. If the front fuse blows, you're still going to have a hot wire going from the rear bat to the front fuse.

Archived