here is what i dont get...why do they put bassrace into class's of scores and not cone area?your friend was againts your other friend...1 of your friend had 2 15's other had 8 12's in a wall...its just seems as if people like the 8 12's in a wall competing in class's of 2 15's like there slacking...why not have bassrace in cone area class's where the guy with 8 15's goes in a 8 15's class and the guy with 2 15's goes in a class with 2 15's?who cares what they score low or high as long as they are in their cone area class...

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

here is what i dont get...why do they put bassrace into class's of scores and not cone area?your friend was againts your other friend...1 of your friend had 2 15's other had 8 12's in a wall...its just seems as if people like the 8 12's in a wall competing in class's of 2 15's like there slacking...why not have bassrace in cone area class's where the guy with 8 15's goes in a 8 15's class and the guy with 2 15's goes in a class with 2 15's?who cares what they score low or high as long as they are in their cone area class...

Because even though someone has more cone area it doesn't mean that their setup is louder. All four of our vehicles are within 5db of each other.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

because thats the comp format, bass boxing is categorised according to cone area and a few other rules. Bassrace is so interesting cause a guy with 2 15s could maybe beat a guy with 8 15s cause if he has the right song and knows wat he is doing he could prob get a perfect score. Just my 2cents

bass racing, the higher your volume the higher the score? or how does the song selection + volume work for higher db?

Bass Race uses an average score over 30secs. If the song has gaps then your score will drop. If the songs jumps around then so will your score making it difficult to dial it in just right. You need a song that has a steady consistant bass line to it.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I think bassrace is stupid just because people hold their systems back.

People don't want to hold their systems back. I hate having to compete in a 129.9 class sometimes because nobody else at the comp can run 139.9 with me. Sure I could still enter the 139.9 class and take home an automatic first but thats no fun. I want to compete. Also, I have to adjust my bass and remote gain all the way down for the lower class which kills me because I know its capable of so much more.

Its just more of a challenge and exciting having to dial in that one perfect #. No more & no less. You don't have to spend a ton of money and you don't have to have some special box building & design knowledge. Its all about volume control which anbody can do.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Bassrace is more about control....not peak OUTPUT....you want that go burp your system

But USACI street beat is exactly what your thinking of with cone area.....it goes by subs for its classes

2004 Explorer4 12" Type R500.1(.5 ohm)6cu@35hz153@ 44hz

Only thing I don't like is it takes a long time to get all lasses done, really makes shows long. I have done it once and it's kool, but I hope they don't start with the ear protection like db drag. Should be ones choice.

If your talking about USACI, yehh i think the earprotection rule is only enforced at finals....its in the rulebooks but not taken into action to much at shows

I guess it could take a lil longer than some, cuz they dont do like heads up type deals like bassrace....just one runner at a time

2004 Explorer4 12" Type R500.1(.5 ohm)6cu@35hz153@ 44hz

Archived