Alt. Rant And Rave....

well today ive been bustn my ass geting my dual alts installed in the van, not real hard just time consumeing, well i get it all worked out and tighted up and i come to find out that my bottom alt, isnt produceing any power (well 2.1 v -.66 v ) fucked up thing is i didnt touch that alt at all or alter the wires for it, this am it was doing 15.3v at idle... it completly confuses me, at a idle it doesnt make a sound, you rev the motor and that beast sounds like a turbo kicks in (thats what it would do when it got to 14.4 v and above) well now when it makes the turbo sound its not doing any voltage to brag about (2.1v)

if i remove my ground from the battery the car dies, remove the positive battery wire it dies, i just dont get it and at this point dont know what the hells going on with it nor where to start looking for the problem :angry:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Hmmmm is it spinning the same direction as before? thats the only thing i can think of. i know on a cavalier with the eco motor if you add a supercharger kit it makes the alt spin backwards and wont work

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

yea its still spining in the same orignal direction, and on the side note of that both of my alts are bi-directional so it wouldnt make a difference in my app. thankfuly lol

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I would take it out and take it to an auto parts store and get it tested before u do anything. Just to be sure

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

well im going to trace all of my wires, and make sure i dont have a short somewhere causeing the problem, and if i dont find anything wrong within the wires, then come monday am, im going to take the van to b&m starter and alt, in pcola and see what they have to say about the bottom alt, and hope to god that they dont ass rape me on the charge to repair it if need be since i just spent a good dime to get it fixed...lol hope i can fix it at home tho ive spent over 1600 on shit for the van in the past week and if i keep going i wont have the money to go to sbn and that will piss me off majorly

Archived