Second Skin Audio

Fi Q or Bl 18

You'll need 4off 6" aeros for that sub atleast

Depending in tunning

The minimum idd ever think of using would be 3off 6"

Yea backing off sub size, maybe a 15, tuning low enough with all the aeros would be a pain, Now I am held up because I have not gotten my cash back.

Seen a box locally for sale, the size and slot are as follows: 25 x 21.5 x 16.5 port 2.5 x 15 x 28.75, once I get sub issue squared away be working on that.

My son also had a box he said I could use but for a 15 seem small with a total of only 2.91. Thanks, Guy tried to tell me 1 6" would work with 15 or 18, glad I checked on here first, maybe that is why they told me not to use this site, might find out the facts, again thanks. I guess I could use smaller box until setup and break sub in once issue is corrected and sub issue cleared up.

Fi Q plays a little lower, BL plays a little louder.

Truth is they are very similar. I ended up getting the Q. Especially if you are talking about 18s the Q should have plenty of output for you. The SP4 is nice but requires double the power. My Q has no issues at all playing 25hz 0db tones, haven't tried anything lower but I am sure I could. I know when I set my 20hz eq band to -6 I can hear/feel a difference on those type of tracks so I am digging pretty damn low. How much lower do you really need to get?

Fi Q plays a little lower, BL plays a little louder.

Truth is they are very similar. I ended up getting the Q. Especially if you are talking about 18s the Q should have plenty of output for you. The SP4 is nice but requires double the power. My Q has no issues at all playing 25hz 0db tones, haven't tried anything lower but I am sure I could. I know when I set my 20hz eq band to -6 I can hear/feel a difference on those type of tracks so I am digging pretty damn low. How much lower do you really need to get?

I am looking at a 15 Bl seem to be strong and if tuning is low, one would assume it should still hit low as far as loud, eq can adjust sound out but not ad what is not there. Xmax and added coil, 2000 watts on Bl and extra coil option might of been cool, tuning lower thought would trim output reasonably vs. an SPL box tuned over 35 Hz, 30-32 Hz instead of higher some use, but I could be wrong, use to love even though they were not this high of quality, at the time - two Kicker sealed 18s in direction port into pickup with flared fenders lowered and 15" Mickey Thompson's, but those days are gone. Had 4 6.5 mid bass with older MBQuartz 5.25 in kick panels when they were hand made in Germany.

Subs setup many not of woke the neighbors, but hit all the notes 4.25 box 2 Soundstream Ref. 1000. 2 18 subs, now limited due to limited area to one good sub, guess trying to get both down and output might be more then one can hope. I have not experience a Fi product that did not hit low when tuned right, glad to see yours works for you. Reason smaller sub, port area needed and 6" aero trying to fit more then 1 would of sucked. I like the larger sub sound, tried 4 12s, but hurt my ears more then hit the lows, but just my opinion I guess. 5 years with large subs, guess I am prejudice on liking the larger to me deeper sound.

2 6" will give the right area but tuning will be a bitch to figure out. Just got rid of my BL. Hit hard and low in my truck in an undersized box. Had to plug one port since tuning was too high. Wanted to try the Q 12 this time around but got a deal on a Hertz Hi energy.

3 x 4" would not work keeping port area in 6-9, aero seem to do OK and I agree 2 x 6" aero ports length would limit box, thought and could be wrong seem to do that lately, slot 12-16, but descent areo could get a way with 6-9, box be in the 7 something port area, not sure if it hurt output aero might not have a issue with port noise precision ports seem to work well. 5.62 after sub displacement. 4 put you in the 9s, I was just keeping the tuning lower 30s.

I uses psp myself as there easy and cheap to get

Do you have to keep port area on precision ports 9, would 6-9 work actually 7 something, aero port noise do not seem to be a issue, precision 1 6" under 6 port area seem small shot but small, box gross 5.9 area and working Net 5.62 . Just wondered try to ask some shops around here and all I get is bring it in. Not wanting to have it built so curious. 2 6" as said before in unless a massive gross box, would be a bitch.

Depending in tunning

http://www.psychoport.com/

http://www.cemetube.com/standard.shtml

Maybe a 8", aero told does not have to be 8" from wall, 6 suppose to work other just a thought.

Depending in tunning

http://www.psychoport.com/

http://www.cemetube.com/standard.shtml

Maybe a 8", aero told does not have to be 8" from wall, 6 suppose to work other just a thought.

Actually the two 6" aero you have at around 33-34 Hz was not a bad idea, hit me up when it is done. 2 x 6 is that not more then 1 8" port area.

Port area - this is a descent read,

http://www.fohonline.com/news/6031-tech-feature-subwoofer-ports.html

Archived