mdwerner6942 Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 Box net with one 6" aero port is just over 6 cu with displacement and port already tried both displacements 6-6.18 Net. Aero ports are easier for me to use and can cut off if tuning is a little low, 16" out of the 17" due to flares according to Precision Ports. I notice the Xmax more on the Q and some seem to like them, but again, box tuned right would think either would work just wondered if the Q might hit a little better lower? Car volume in case asked, Amp is a Hifonic's Brz 2400 box be lower end of what the Q wants were the Bl starts at net of 5.5. no one guess can tell me what it sounds like just an idea of the different potential of each sub. Weight of sub and Xmax, seems to indicate difference that I am not aware of but only know the one Fi sub in truck I heard was one of the best sounding subs I had heard in a while. Guess more xmax might mean the Q might push better on lower notes but that is just from what the general specs and info I read on line say. Not that it would be needed, but heard if a re-cone is needed, Fi's work pretty well, and important over time might be a option I would consider over a different sub. EPA INTERIOR VOLUME 114.3 cu.ft. Not sure if the SSD can be beefed up to take 2,000 watts.
Jacob Strahan Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 not sure on those series, i have an SSD and it slammed. then my buddy got a BTL 18" and that got down. either way, goodluck on your choice vehicle: 1998 2door tahoe HU: kenwood single din subs: DC level 4 18" amp: hifonics 2500.1D and 1200.4 door speakers: 2 PWX 8"s and 2 random 6.5"s
youngbass98 Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 I've always heard that the Q is a good musical sub 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
Subwoofer Stokes Posted April 6, 2014 Report Posted April 6, 2014 I had the same question a while back bro. I couldnt find an answer but i went with 1 Q 18 fully loaded in about 5 cubes with a rectangle port. Slammed nice and i only had a hifonics hfi1500D on it. I've never heard the BL's but i know that the Q is a good ass sub. <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Subwoofer Stokes Posted April 6, 2014 Report Posted April 6, 2014 I have videos of my Q 18 on my youtube if you're interested. Youtube name is Trent Stokes. <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
OrionStang Posted April 6, 2014 Report Posted April 6, 2014 Either way, you're going to want more than a single 6" aero for an 18. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Miguels Posted April 6, 2014 Report Posted April 6, 2014 if you want to get low get the SP4 not that the Q or BL wont but the SP4 was made to hit the lows my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
mdwerner6942 Posted April 6, 2014 Author Report Posted April 6, 2014 Either way, you're going to want more than a single 6" aero for an 18. I would have a net 6 cu using 3 4" ports about 15" long. I just had a aero port and someone said you could use less port with an aero port but maybe not that much less. Then to avoid Port leg speed of air by tuning, 1116/ = 38.48 not to exceed that. If correct I believe this and tune should be around 29 Hz. Looked at Bl good output and still low end, guess I need to try and hear one just not much since leaving CA. Rural area now. Any help is always welcomed. Thanks. It's to bad Bl did not have option on more xmax like Btl use to have I believe. Not sure what the coil options does other than handles more power and claims more output which would be good if on low end. After looking at tuning range suggestions and xmax, Q18 might be the way to go. Or maybe drop back to a Bl 15. Any one added the FlatwindCoil: Wondering where the output it says it got came out at?
mdwerner6942 Posted April 6, 2014 Author Report Posted April 6, 2014 not sure on those series, i have an SSD and it slammed. then my buddy got a BTL 18" and that got down. either way, goodluck on your choice I was not sure if the SSD would take a Brutus 2400 had another brand, use to get little warm slight smell not often but enough had to turn if down in the middle of a jam or road trip to Tulsa.
mdwerner6942 Posted April 6, 2014 Author Report Posted April 6, 2014 I have videos of my Q 18 on my youtube if you're interested. Youtube name is Trent Stokes. I wanted the Bl, but less Xmax and where I might need to tune my box, your suggestion of the Q18 may be a better choice thanks. Have estimated box specs on here.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.