AASMDBASS Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 You want louder Double the power or double the cone area with an equal comparison sub And why 2x18 Why not 4x 15 Why not 5k+ power What your asking is will I get louder on same power, same elect, Have you considered get a better single 18 Have you looked at emf I've thought about doing a single sub swap and keeping 1 18 but I'm afraid I will just be "over it" in a short period of time... I'm not looking to spend more money than what 2 18s would cost so I haven't considered the 15s...If I did 2 XL 18 or 2 zv4 18s on the aq3500 which I have already, I would eventually get the DC 5k or 7.5k...just not super soon... It's just that I have been told that 2 XL 18 would be much, much louder than my 1 smd in my '14 Explorer on my AQ 3500... Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
john253a Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 What idd do is upgrade your elect And buy another 3500
AASMDBASS Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 What idd do is upgrade your elect And buy another 3500 And run 2 3500 on one smd? I have the aq3500 with the single inputs also... Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
AASMDBASS Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 Sorry if I misunderstood what you were implying by the 2 3500... Haha Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
john253a Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 http://www.emfcaraudio.com/emf-audio-ermagerd-18-dual2/ Only issue I don't like is the basket issues, with the 18, the 15" on the other hand is an excellent sub And the emf 15" if you do cone area X xmas Would displace more air then your 18
john253a Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 Are you running d2 coils If so strap 2 3500 and run 1 to each coil
AASMDBASS Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 Ok... I will weigh my options Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
john253a Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 If you chose to strap 2 3500 Just set the gain on the low side so you are closer to 5k Another option is to change out alt and run a 16-18v system
AASMDBASS Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 Also I should note, I wasn't looking to spend much more than what I can get out of my smd and my box... That's why I was leaning towards 2 XL 18s or the zv4 18s Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
john253a Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 Just go more power then and stick the aa They are an excellent sub Or switch to a 16v system
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.