AASMDBASS Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 So, I currently have 1 18" AA SMD on an AQ 3500.1 and it's awesome, but just not getting it done for me anymore... I was looking into 2 18 sundown zv4 or 2 18 DC XL M2 18...problem I'm having is deciding on which would be louder... I have all the electrical I need besides replacing the factory battery under the hood (D3100 in the back already)... I have never heard the XL or the Zv4 so I am so torn... I was told today that 1 XL would be louder than the SMD I currently have... I could really use some insight on this! Thanks... And again, my goal is to be as loud as possible in a daily application... Not planning on running a lot of competitions, if any at all Also I would be using the aq 3500.1 for now until I am able to get a DC 5k or 7.5k Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
AASMDBASS Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 nobody can tell which woofer will be louder. What exactly do you mean? Haha Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
Kyblack76 Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
AASMDBASS Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 Gee, thanks for the help guys haha... I'm joking, but would really like some thoughts on this Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
Guest Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 nobody can tell which woofer will be louder. What exactly do you mean? Haha nobody can say X will be louder than X. somebody can be louder with 500w than somebody with 2000w. literally only way to find out is to buy both woofers and test them.
john253a Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 You want louder Double the power or double the cone area with an equal comparison sub And why 2x18 Why not 4x 15 Why not 5k+ power What your asking is will I get louder on same power, same elect, Have you considered get a better single 18 Have you looked at emf Or at adding more power to what u have They will take 4.5-5k no issues
AASMDBASS Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 Fully understood... Is it crazy to say that a single 18 XL would be louder than a single 18 smd on the same amp in the same vehicle though? Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
rockFord_Expedition Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 T/s parameters will give you an IDEA but like Kranny and others have said, there is no way to say for sure unless you try em both. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
john253a Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 On same power same cone area You'll only talking maybe 1-3db tops idd say is 5 Unless your box is way out of spec or leaking like a mofo
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.