Jump to content

4 6.5s and 2 tweets


FknCrawler

Recommended Posts

Posted

Buying a Crescendo S800.4 soon, gonna run 1 PWX-6 on each channel. I have 2 FT1 tweets aswell and I'm having troubles deciding how to power them...

I have an SSL PSY600.4 I could use but it has a fixed HPF of 80... to me that seems way to low for tweets??

Should I sell this cheap hunk of junk and go for something with better crossover settings or get a passive crossover? I'm trying to learn.

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

 

Posted

A processor will replace the amplifier correct? Would there be a way to amplify the sound? Haven't really looked into what a processor does, I did find a good looking one on SonicElectronix

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

 

Posted

why not just use 2 channels for the 6s and 2 channels for the tweets?

I'm stupid....

edit: Wanted the pwx's to get full power

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

 

Posted

you can't. but it's ok, the amp is 2ohm stable. that gives you 100 watts a mid plus 125 to each tweet (if they are all 4 ohm speakers)

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

Tweets are 8ohm...

I guess I'll sell and rebuy...

Thinking about it more it would be alot easier this way.

Don't all channels have to have the same ohm load or is that with just wiring multiple speakers together?

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...