Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Mj 18 Or Jl 10w0? Cant Decide


Recommended Posts

Posted

I currently have 3 JL 10w0's in a sealed box running of a infinity amp that puts out 600rms at 2 ohm. I want a louder system but i dont' have enough money to buy a new amp and the JL's just arent cuttin it. I was thinking about getting a mach 5 mj 18 and putting it in a ported box. Does anyone know this set up will work good with my current amp and be louder than the JL's?

Posted

IMO Those Mach 5's don't look like they can handle much power, I could be wrong though because I have never heard one of them. How much are you willing to spend on an 18?

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Posted
IMO Those Mach 5's don't look like they can handle much power, I could be wrong though because I have never heard one of them. How much are you willing to spend on an 18?

im willing to spend up to $200(thats all i have) and i've seen some fi 18's on ebay for about that price. Im not sure if my amp will have enough power to power a Fi 18" fully.

Posted

Build a nice ported box for those 10s. There is a HUGE i mean HUGE difference in output between sealed and a proper ported enclosure.

People are pushing 600+ watts per MJ18 without problems.

What makes you think they can't handle much power???

Posted
IMO Those Mach 5's don't look like they can handle much power, I could be wrong though because I have never heard one of them. How much are you willing to spend on an 18?

they dont need to handle a bunch of power, people just think every sub has to have 4k rms on them to be loud or sound decent

Posted
they dont need to handle a bunch of power, people just think every sub has to have 4k rms on them to be loud or sound decent

True. The advantage most of the lower pwoer subs have on their side is efficiency. when you have a suspension stiff enough to have the one metric assload of power they take you have to sacrifice efficiency. IMO I would say take the MJ18 over the W0's. Then again I dont like JL, so I am biased in my thoughts.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1084 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...