RMac18 Posted April 13, 2014 Report Posted April 13, 2014 I currently have 3 BNIB Phoenix Gold Xenon 10D4's that I would like to use in the trunk of a Cavalier. Ultimate plan would be to run all 3 firing forward and sealed from the trunk off a Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1.However I'm concerned about the airspace I have available to build a proper box for all 3. I need to stay around 36-37" width to stay between the trunk hinges, so I would end up looking at a slot port most likely along the top of the box above the subs, as it would only allow me approx. 1.5" width for the port to keep it vertical on the face with the subs. I have a height of approx 17" so I could fit the subs and have approx 4" of height to work with for placing the port above them.However being my daily driver I do need some trunk space behind the box to still be able to carry things along. So I'm aiming to keep the depth as low as possible. I have approx 16" to work with for depth without cutting into the space I would like to maintain behind the box. Looking for some opinions on this design as its a little smaller then recommended specs, and I'm not entirely sure on port ratios and port area per foot. If I can't fit all 3 in my my airspace properly I'm not opposed to dropping down and running 2 subs if need be. Any thoughts or input on this setup for 2? If I can fit 3 properly I'll run a box design similar to this one. Any input on weather I should be able to run 3 ok or not as well as feed back or suggestions on either design as I am still new to trying to figure out port area, port area per foot and making it all work with the proper air space and desired tuning.Thanks again.
RMac18 Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 Bump for some help, don't want it to get lost in the pages, would like to get a start on it this weekend if possible.
cgrez33 Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 What are the dimensions of your trunk? Current Build: 1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon Previous Build(s): Crossfire Magnum 5k Pontiac G6 GT
Joe X Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 Do you have official parameters/specs for these subs? Quite old subs.
RMac18 Posted April 15, 2014 Author Report Posted April 15, 2014 X E N O N X 1 0 d 4T/S ParametersFs . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .29.21 HzRe . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8.41 Ohms (Series)Qms . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.51Qes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.80Qts . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.73Vas . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20.61 litersMms . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .242.85 gramsCms. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 122 uM/NewtonBL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .21.61 Tesla-MSPL (1W/1M) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 80 dBSd . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 346.4 sq cmXmax (measured) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .40mm p-pVdd - Driver Displacement. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.122ft Here is a link to the manual for the subs with specs as well. http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manuals/Speakers/xenon/xenonwoofermanual.pdfThey are some old subs, but I had one years ago and it preformed really well and I loved it. A friends cousin had 3 bnib with a few speakers and things as well for under $200 so I had to jump on it since I've always regretted letting the first one I had go.
Joe X Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 Could be done in their recommended airspace with about 19D, can be done short or you can do two subs.
RMac18 Posted April 15, 2014 Author Report Posted April 15, 2014 Let me double check my height and width again and see if I can squeeze a little more room in that way to save some depth as I'm not opposed to triming some of the brace material behind the seat for height. If not I still may look at running 3 and giving up the depth.
RMac18 Posted April 21, 2014 Author Report Posted April 21, 2014 So I had a chance to remeasure, I can do 17H, 35W, without trimming to much anymore then that starts getting into seat mounts and such, so I'm limited without giving up the depth I need. So I'm looking at 17H, 35W, 16D. I'm looking at just doing 2 subs as I assume I'll fall way below recommended airspace for all 3.For running 2 subs I'm thinking my best bet is to run both subs on one side of the box with the slot port to the driver side as I have a 60/40 split rear seat with the driver side usually down, so subs could load of the seat when up(almost all the time) and port would be unrestricted with the other side folded down.
Joe X Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 For two subs this could be done, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 2 5/8", figure is just an assembly guide, build a cardboard dummy box to test fit before cutting any wood:
RMac18 Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 Thanks Joe, going to give this one a try for sure, shouldn't even have to trim the seat brace to fit at 15h. For the dowel/all thread brace is it 1" ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.