Prosp3ctor Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 I recently got a new pioneer HU and while listening to FM Radio I noticed that the quality will drop when I have a bad signal. I would also shorten your grounds and clean them. I've had a different strange problem, sometimes when I turn sharply the volume will either climb or drop. Doesn't happen often though.
Blake Farrar Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 well i know my amp grounds are good but im not so sure of the ground for the head unit. My mids and highs do it at random times even when the car just cranks up , sometimes turning the headunit off and on fixes it and ive also have had this problem with my head unit where when changing channels it gets alot of static in the song and to fix it i either turn it off or keep chaning songs till it stops so this weird problem might be the headunit finally breaking on me has anyone else have a head unit fail on them??
Pioneerchuck Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 It could be the head unit. If you can afford it, see if you can get one of those cheapo radios from walmart for like $50 and use it as a test deck to see if you can rule the deck out or not.
Stephen13 Posted April 14, 2014 Report Posted April 14, 2014 When this happens with the volume cranked will the mids and highs return if you turn the volume down? And when you crank it back up again does it happen again? If so this sounds like the tweeter protector in your speaker's X-over is opening and cutting the sound to the tweets. This has happened to me many times over the years. What I do is open up the X-over and remove the tweeter protector (aka poly switch) and replace it with a jumper. In my experience these poly switches are a PITA and are not needed for a properly tuned and set up stereo system. I've been doing this for years and I have never blown a single tweet in that time. This is what your typical poly switch looks like. It needs to be un-soldered from the X-over PCB and replaced with a jumper (piece of wire). 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
Blake Farrar Posted April 14, 2014 Author Report Posted April 14, 2014 yeah ive had the problem with those things in my cross over this is a little bit diffrent problem it comes out of all my speakers both my 6.5 component sets and also both my pwx 8s. And i ordered a apline 148bt hu should come this week so ill see soon if its the headunit if its not i dont know what im gonna go.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.