need help weird problem

So this week while i was driving home i was playing my system at full volume like always and my mids and high starting sounding distorted kinda and than they got all muffled. note: the bass didn't change just mids and highs. so i started problem solving i checked all RCA's looked good i also just install new ones last week, Than i switched the USB cord for my iPod and also restarted my iPod and also checked all wires behind headunit. so the problem is still happening but it does it at random times the only thing i can think of is my headunit is messed up witch i just ordered a apline 148bt or one of my rca wires might be pinched. so if anyone knows what could be causeing this weird problem please help me thanks.

Next time this happens, touch the amp and see how hot it is. I have the same problem with my mids and highs amp, and it only happens when i have drove for over an hour with my music loud the whole time. My amp gets really hot. It doesn't go into protection, but the sound gets muffled. Go's back to normal after a minute or two of cooling down.

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

Archived