Jump to content

speaker adapter plates question


99blazer

Recommended Posts

Posted

Im looking for some help on adapter plates for my 08 ford. The factory speaker size is 5x7 and I already have 6.5s from my old build. my problem is that I bought some adapter plates from sonicelectronix and it doesn't fit my 6.5s. I cant seem to find adapter plates for it. My speakers have a cut out of 5.75 and all adapters are to small. any help is appreciated.

08 Ford F150

Posted

I always make my own speaker baffles out of wood. Beats the hell out of cheap ass plastic every time.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

Posted

always easier to make your own man....especially because you already have the cutout and driver in front of you. Go over to home depot and get yourself some 1/2" birch, make a template with the mounting locations and the speaker cutout. As you've already experienced, universal doesn't always work

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

Im looking for some help on adapter plates for my 08 ford. The factory speaker size is 5x7 and I already have 6.5s from my old build. my problem is that I bought some adapter plates from sonicelectronix and it doesn't fit my 6.5s. I cant seem to find adapter plates for it. My speakers have a cut out of 5.75 and all adapters are to small. any help is appreciated.

I just made a new video the other day outling the process of creating composite adapters and including acoustic sealing foam.

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1401 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...