fi q for sq system

mrsmatthew

Op I have sat in cableguy's truck and would almost take what he has to say as gospel, but if done right that d'amore or Fi will fit your application

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

That is why I have been asking about his opinion. Everyone on here wants his advice so I figure he's the go to guy. There are a lot of good options for my sub but I want to know what the experts think. With everything else I am trying to do I can't afford the iso so I'm not trying to spend more than $350-$400 on my sub. That's why I was thinking idq12 or arc12. But then my husband brought up the fi q and it got me wondering....

lol here we are arguing about all this and I pointed out scott buwalda running hybrid for the front stage in his record holding car, so I assumed he was running hybird for substage too, I also stand corrected. World record holding car is running an fi Q for substage. Must be doing something right lol.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I spent months and months and months and months researching the Q before I bought it. I read virtually every thread on every car audio forum I could find even mentioning it. I wish I was exaggerating but I am not. This sub was all I would think about or talk about for a quite awhile. My wife was getting really pissed off. Many many hours. Not just that but talking to individuals by pm/email. I even emailed the guys at Fi a few times. Modeling it in WinISD, commiting all this info to memory, etc. I don't just drop that kind of money without making an informed decision. Especially on a single driver. There are no real issues with this sub. That doesn't mean every other sub isn't as good or anything like that but I do not think you will disappointed. There is NOTHING that this sub doesn't play well. The ONLY time I have wanted more is when I get one of those wild hairs up my ass where I just want to be as loud as possible with no reguard to sound quality but that isn't what I built my system for and honestly I can get plenty loud if I want to it's just the "there is always more" type thing. In terms of what it sounds like and how it plays all of my music it is perfect, and I listen to a crazy variety of music. I don't know how to properly express myself for the next point but the analog stuff sounds just as great as the digital stuff and thats huge espcially for a sq install. I can tell when someone is using a Digital or Analog synthesizer and this sub makes it even more obvious to me. It sounds like an instrument instead of a bass tube. Bass guitars are great. Everything is great. Everyone who gets in my car says they have never heard anything like it. Now, These are not people like the people on this forum, but still. They tell me that what they just heard was better than any sound system they have ever heard OR any live event they have ever been to. That means a lot, even if they don't fully understand why that is or what is going on to make that happen.

If anything use it as a benchmark, compare other subs to it, and try and figure out if it is best for YOUR application, what weaknesses it may have, what you are trying to do with it, etc. I can tell you right now that if you are porting it you are probably going to want to tune to 28hz or lower because as you go higher you start getting a bump in response around 45hz and it is pretty damn flat at 28hz. See what your cabin gain is like and how that lines up. If I had to do anything differently I would have skipped the spider upgrade because you lose a bit of efficiency that way.

Don't be pressured into it, but at least consider it. It is a truely great subwoofer.

Good to hear this response. I'm waiting on my Fi q12 to finish the build process. And reading this makes me feel that much better for having to wait so damn long. I'll be running it on a Crescendo 1500.1. Just 1 quick question? If you have a sealed box, what cubfeet did you find the best response overall at? I'm building one right now w/ 1.25 after displacement.

Something to keep in mind when making any decision about a subwoofer is that the enclosure, location and tuning are just as if not more important than the driver itself. That said I can tell you right now the HAT C12SW is a fantastic driver with incredible potential for SQ installations. I know it's a little outside your stated budget, but that's nothing a little saving can't fix. And I'm sure you'll be very happy with a full HAT system.

'99 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4

HU: Pioneer, DEH-80PRS

Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Legatia L3v2 and Dayton Audio Reference 7" mid-bass

Sub Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Clarus C12SW-D2 in a 30hz quarterwave transmission line (plays down to 17hz!)

Amplifier: Addictive Audio 7.4+35.1

Processor: Zapco DSP-Z8

Thanks for the input. Based on everything I've found I think I am going to go full HAT. Instead of the z150.6 in going to go with the z150.4 & z150.2 that fits more in my budget and I don't think I'll lose any quality.

Sounds Great !!! Cant wait to see your results !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived