fi q for sq system

mrsmatthew

But that said, I have a few Q series subs, and they are a great responsive SQ modeled sub that don't need thousands of watts.

Perhaps there are other SQ sub options, but unless you are going all in for a SQ competition vehicle, I don't see anything in the Fi Q that will disappoint.

Seems like a reasonable suggestion from your husband.

edit:

i misread

From Fi:

The Q Series of subwoofers is our sound quality reference line. Featuring a hefty high strength single magnet motor structure with a heavily bumped t-yoke, the 27mm of Xmax allows for incredibly detailed, tight, and powerful bass. Triple progressive spiders keep the incredible linear excursion of this sub under control, while the extra heavy lead wire feeds the giant voice coil. With technology pulled from the larger BTL line the new Q has more options than ever before. Hyper chamfer, full cooling, high or low Qts topologies, as well as the ability to add an inductance ring in the high Qts design, there is now even more flexibility within the Q platform. Working well in both small ported and sealed enclosures, you do not have to give up your trunk to have strong bottom octave foundation for the rest of your system. The Q series is the new bottom octave benchmark.

Sean, Anybody can read specs from a website. After reading the op's other post and threads, They seem to be more interested in "real world" application verses what the manufacture claims that driver can do.

So from my personal Sound Quality experience and knowing that the op's spouse is a Basshead, I'd recommend Hybrid over Fi anyday.

Then again, this is just my suggestion here. I'm sure other Sound Quality people will chime in here soon.

You would recommend hybrid over Fi why? Because of the name behind hybrid? I will guarantee you Scott from Fi has put more work into developing his subwoofers than Scott Buwalda has.

16574c3b-6f58-4a1b-9d20-bc84095d0449_zps5dacca75.jpg

If it was me... I would be looking at this sub for SQ

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/af-12-p-309.html

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

But that said, I have a few Q series subs, and they are a great responsive SQ modeled sub that don't need thousands of watts.

Perhaps there are other SQ sub options, but unless you are going all in for a SQ competition vehicle, I don't see anything in the Fi Q that will disappoint.

Seems like a reasonable suggestion from your husband.

edit:

i misread

Please understand, I'm not downgrading any driver in any way. I demo several Sound Quality vehicles a year to "Keep Tabs" on the competition so to speak. So when I start seeing them in the lanes, I will be glad to demo them and give my suggestions if they deserve it.

You would recommend hybrid over Fi why? Because of the name behind hybrid? I will guarantee you Scott from Fi has put more work into developing his subwoofers than Scott Buwalda has.

I do not run them, So why would I promote them other than seeing them in action and how well thay work in their applications ???

Hybrid is a well proven industry leader in the Sound Quality competition world with overwhelming competition wins.

They must be doing something right. Anyone here disagree ??

If it was me... I would be looking at this sub for SQ

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/af-12-p-309.html

This looks like a very nice driver.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Cablguy can you give me your opinion on the arc12?

Better description please. Arc Audio ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Sorry.... Yes the arc audio arc12

Do you have an idea on what amplification you are going with ??

I (well, said this on the other thread) would like to know what you are working with on your front stage and image as to know what sub stage you will need to help reinforce your stage adn image.

Archived