Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub/Box Placement Truck


ImaNoob

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so im about to go screw my box down to the platform in my truck..Just wondering what your thoughts are on placement . Port will be on passenger side..You think it would be better to center subs in the middle of truck.I think both passenger and driver would have a sub behind each seat. With time alignment i thought this would be best...Or should i just slide the box all the way to the passenger side..

I know this is kinda random, and will be different with every application , or might not even matter ...Im screwing the box down from inside the box, so unless it sounds like total shit, i dont really want to pull subs and move box after i do this...Im hoping to get it right the first time

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Posted

Test the shit out. Drive to a forest preserve or something, somewhere open and see which side sounds better. Then screw dat bitch dwon

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

lol, I figured id get that response....Lazy as fuck today, went out to run speaker wires and said fuck it....to damn cold out + being lazy, i probably would have just screwed it down.. Thanks

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Posted

lol, I figured id get that response....Lazy as fuck today, went out to run speaker wires and said fuck it....to damn cold out + being lazy, i probably would have just screwed it down.. Thanks

Lol that's what I did though with mine until I liked the way it sounded in the position I had it in, then screwed it down. Mine is quiter though so I did at my house.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

Its honestly the right way though...I only have about 1.5 to 2 ft to move the box left or right...I was trying to take the easy way out ...Thats why i like this forum..You guys pretty much call people out on that shit..lol

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3203 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...