frustrating problem please help!

Blake Farrar

Your head unit could have been damaged from playing a clipped signal for a extended period of time. You need to find the clipping point of your HU and don't go past it.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Is the amp powering the components running hot?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

What JVC H/U are you using?

I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

What kind of amplifier? I wonder if the RCA inputs on the amp are damaged...

oh lawd.

Start from the bottom and work your way up. Check all connections, power, grounds, speaker inputs, amp inputs, EVERYTHING.

I'd especially check on them crossovers. Sometimes they can be pesky

Crossovers could be damaged.

oh lawd.

Archived